We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Security and stability

Bengaluru, India
1 post
Save Topic
Security and stability

Dear brothers,

pls inform me regarding the present situation in libya, about the security and stability and behaviour against expats.

Tripoli, Libya
Level Contributor
21 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Security and stability

About Tripoli .. it is safe in morning and avoid late evening ..

Mentioned in this post
Tripoli
Tripoli
Tripoli District, Libya
Tripoli, Libya
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Security and stability

i can tell u in morning safe 100% at night 70% safe some places not so much

Tripoli
Level Contributor
56 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Security and stability

As an expat living in Tripoli, I have continued to have a positive experience. Of course there are still potential "hot spots" at times, and no matter which country you're in, it's important to be aware of your surroundings, but on the whole, I think people are pleasantly surprised with how safe they feel in Tripoli. The rest of Libya is still a bit unsafe in places...the northern, coastal road is still the only recommended area for travel.

Mentioned in this post
Tripoli
Tripoli
Tripoli District, Libya
4. Re: Security and stability

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 December 2013, 14:15
Get answers to your questions about Tripoli
Recent Conversations