We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best place to hire a car from Lilongwe

Gympie, Australia
Level Contributor
104 posts
19 reviews
9 helpful votes
Best place to hire a car from Lilongwe
Save

Hi Everyone

Could some one let me know the best place to hire a small car to go from Lilongwe to Zomba to Liwonde to Monkey Bay back to Lilongwe please. The other alternative is to hire a driver for 5 days, cheers in advance Tania

1. Re: Best place to hire a car from Lilongwe

Tripadvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet Tripadvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

What are forum guidelines?
2. Re: Best place to hire a car from Lilongwe

Tripadvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet Tripadvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

Cape Town, South...
Level Contributor
30 posts
3. Re: Best place to hire a car from Lilongwe
Save

If you want to self drive then the options are endless,the big budget providers are SS rent a car,Country wide etc,but these guys will cost double if not triple compared to budget car hire providers,so be ready to dig deep,most of these guys will have offices in old town near Shoprite,if you are on a budget then Ken car hire is pretty affordable,always came in handy when I was cash strapped,you can find them in sec 5 near Zodiak,but if you are serious about saving cash then booking a transfer is the most affordable way,you will save more because those guys factor

fuel in with the quote so you save on gas,guys like Travel Chiwelu should do the trick,a simple search online should help or you can contact them through this guy:kambapops@gmail.com.Hope this helps.Good Luck

Bugibba, Malta
Level Contributor
578 posts
27 reviews
12 helpful votes
4. Re: Best place to hire a car from Lilongwe
Save

Try Geoffrey at http://bestcarhiremalawi.com/home.htm

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
15 posts
63 reviews
36 helpful votes
5. Re: Best place to hire a car from Lilongwe
Save

We just got back from Malawi and had the most incredible driver recommended to us by one of the lodges we stayed at. His name is Austin. Wonderful driving, on time, English speaking! It made our trip so easy and stress free. It also worked out so much more cost effective than hiring a car. Message me and I will send you his details.

Level Contributor
159 posts
8 reviews
6. Re: Best place to hire a car from Lilongwe
Save

Avoid Mophy Budget Safaris, their owner Mophy is a crook. We had many problems with him. He never did our reservations despite paying a deposit.

He promised us booking at very expensive hotels only to attract our deposit, once we did our deposit he did not do the reservations as agreed, took our deposit, and continued lying to us.

7. Re: Best place to hire a car from Lilongwe

1 post
1 review
8. Re: Best place to hire a car from Lilongwe
Save

Could you please send me an email to Elvira.lado@icloud.com with the contact of the driver? Thanks!

9. Re: Best place to hire a car from Lilongwe

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity.

Get answers to your questions about Lilongwe
More Lilongwe Topics
© 2022 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Singapore. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.