We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best flight options from uk in October

Torquay, United...
Level Contributor
39 posts
11 reviews
3 helpful votes
Best flight options from uk in October
Save

Looking to travel to south luangwa October 2019 via Lilongwe need flight options please

8 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
2 helpful votes
1. Re: Best flight options from uk in October
Save

KLM and Kenya Airways: Amsterdam to Nairobi then to LLW, my preferred route.

Other routes and airlines available, e.g. Ethiopian Airlines via Addis Ababa then to LLW, fine if starting near London.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
7,625 posts
5 reviews
3 helpful votes
2. Re: Best flight options from uk in October
Save

Have you looked at Kayak/Skyscanner

There are only 3 international airlines flying into Malawi, Kenya, Ethiopian and SAA (there are also some local connections)

Much depends on where you are leaving from Ethiopian is often cheapest from London but from elsewhere Kenya has connections with Air France and KLM

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
747 posts
72 reviews
23 helpful votes
3. Re: Best flight options from uk in October
Save

Look at timings as well. We used Kenya LHR to Nairobi with an early morning arrival connecting to a later morning flight to Lilongwe. The LHR evening departure also meant no need to think about an overnight airport hotel in the UK.

On the return a not very pleasant 2.00am Lilongwe departure linked with the morning departure back to LHR.

I rate Kenya Airways highly.

Look out for connections that pretty much make an overnight in Addis or Nairobi essential and make sure the advantages of these flights aren't offset by cost of an overnight stay somewhere.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
7,625 posts
5 reviews
3 helpful votes
4. Re: Best flight options from uk in October
Save

I rate Kenya airways highly for shorthaul both business and economy but I am not a fan of their long haul business (not flown long haul economy)

OP from profile lives in west country and I guess will be able to fly either AF or KLM from a local airport and transfer to Kenya Airways in Paris or Amsterdam

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
747 posts
72 reviews
23 helpful votes
5. Re: Best flight options from uk in October
Save

I have only flown Kenya long haul business from LHR to Nairobi and rate this very highly. I like the cabin layout on the Dreamliner and the service and food was top notch.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
7,625 posts
5 reviews
3 helpful votes
6. Re: Best flight options from uk in October
Save

I have been spoilt as other flights I have made on the dreamliner (Business) have been in 1-2-1 layout, the service was not bad on Kenya and i would class it in the "average" category

As I said I rate them highly on their shorthaul flights both in economy and business especially the service

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
4,717 posts
18 reviews
7 helpful votes
7. Re: Best flight options from uk in October
Save

You can also do LHR > JNB on British Airways, then JNB > LLW on South African Airways. Note that this would be a "two ticket" scenario with an unprotected connection, so leave plenty of time between flights just in case.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
7,625 posts
5 reviews
3 helpful votes
8. Re: Best flight options from uk in October
Save

you could fly with SAA from London to Jburg and do it with one ticket

Reply to: Best flight options from uk in October
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Lilongwe
More Lilongwe Topics
© 2022 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Singapore. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.