We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Covid testing

Egg Harbor...
Level Contributor
101 posts
377 reviews
271 helpful votes
Covid testing
Save

Need testing for return to usa. Leave on a monday need testing on Sunday with same day results. Is this possible? Are self testing kits allowed to be brought in and used to return to usa?

5 replies to this topic
2 posts
1. Re: Covid testing
Save

Suggest checking this place out if you haven't already. Can find their location on Google. When I was there in May tests took 48hrs but they might be able to help given the circumstances

Department of HIV and AIDS, Ministry of Health (CHSU)

I heard the college of medicine is pretty reliable as well

For Canadians we have to do our tests in a 3rd location, before the connecting flight to Canada, so if you are transiting through Addis or some major hub, maybe you can work something out with the airline for an extended layover to get tested

Hope this helps, got a trip planned there for

X Mass myself

Egg Harbor...
Level Contributor
101 posts
377 reviews
271 helpful votes
2. Re: Covid testing
Save

Queen Elizabeth Hospital does the PCR test and you are required to go there 48 hours before departure

Mwaiwathu Hospital does Rapid tests which can be done 48-12 hours before departure.

I got this information from the lodge im staying at.. now to find out if its 7 days a week

2 posts
3. Re: Covid testing
Save

Thanks for the info. Good luck.

Sf Bay Area
Level Contributor
223 posts
402 reviews
280 helpful votes
4. Re: Covid testing
Save

@SuzeeQL any updates on your testing?

If possible, can you share details on the hours/days that they are performing tests, cost, and turnaround time for the result.

Egg Harbor...
Level Contributor
101 posts
377 reviews
271 helpful votes
5. Re: Covid testing
Save

I will begin my journey from the USA to Malawi on Wednesday Jan 5th. Im bringing a video test kit to meet the 24 hour criteria to USA and will be PCR tested at Queens hospital on Friday before the Monday of return. I will update on anything I find…

Reply to: Covid testing
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Lilongwe
More Lilongwe Topics
© 2022 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Singapore. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.