We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maputo Airport Transit

1 post
Save Topic
Maputo Airport Transit

Hi,

I have booked a flight with LAM from Inhambane to Johannesburg, via Maputo. The first flight arrives in Maputo at 16:25, with the second departing at 17:20, giving us 55 minutes to transit.

How is transit between the domestic and international terminals handled? Are they connected? Is there a bus? I assume we won't be required to collect luggage and check-in again?

Lastly, i'm aware that LAM have a reputation for delays, so should we miss our connecting flight, will LAM put us on the next flight to Johannesburg (which i assume would be the next morning)?

Thanks,

James

2 replies to this topic
Matola, Mozambique
Level Contributor
1,120 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Maputo Airport Transit

55 minutes is very tight , at least you dont have to do visas or anything.

If you do miss your flight LAM will probably put the on THEIR next flight to Joburg, dont expect them to help you with transport or accommodation that evening however.

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
74 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Maputo Airport Transit

Hello James,

I have seen you may have already completed your Journey that we will be making in November.

How was the connection when you got to Maputo for your Joberg flight, as we will have similar to complete on our return.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Alfie G

Reply to: Maputo Airport Transit
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted