We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Someone to Do Some Grocery Shopping for us in Windhoek

Atlanta, Georgia
7 posts
Save Topic
Someone to Do Some Grocery Shopping for us in Windhoek

We are arriving into Windhoek to pick up a 4x4 and head out. We are pressed for time on this first day and was hoping to find someone to shop for us if we provided them with a list. A grocery store that would pull items for us and have them ready to go would be a great alternative too. Do you know of a grocery or a company that could do this for us? Thanks!

6 replies to this topic
Ljubljana, Slovenia
Level Contributor
192 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Someone to Do Some Grocery Shopping for us in Windhoek

Ask at your rental company if they can do that for you-some of them do offer that service for their clients. Otherwise search the internet if any major grocery store lines offer delivery service to your rental company location. We've done this with Pick'n'pay in South Africa, don't know about Namibia.

Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
18,816 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Someone to Do Some Grocery Shopping for us in Windhoek

Or you can pick up the grocery store/market and send an email with grocery list to the manager. I have done so with Pick'nPay in Upington, South Africa, and all items were waiting for me. I see no obstacle why that would not be possible also in Namibia. And, if using a smaller rental car company, they are sometimes willing to do this for you.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,259 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Someone to Do Some Grocery Shopping for us in Windhoek

I'll do your groceries for you, if you don't mind paying for my airfare to Namibia :)

Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
18,816 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Someone to Do Some Grocery Shopping for us in Windhoek

Step in line, Daniel, after Jurij and me :-)))

Atlanta, Georgia
7 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Someone to Do Some Grocery Shopping for us in Windhoek

Thanks! After i posted this we did send a message to Superspar Maerua. Hoping they can help us. Thanks again.

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
75 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Someone to Do Some Grocery Shopping for us in Windhoek

Hi,

Pick n Pay and Woolworths both have stores in Windhoek - perhaps you can contact them and find out if this is possible.

Online grocery shopping is not really culture in Namibia as it is in South Africa so it cannot be compared.

There are 5 Pick n Pay stores in Windhoek. The details are listed on the site

http://www.picknpay.co.za/store-search

Reply to: Someone to Do Some Grocery Shopping for us in Windhoek
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Windhoek
Recent Conversations