We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any brand new hotels in lusaka zambia?

New York City, New...
2 posts
Save Topic
Any brand new hotels in lusaka zambia?

Hello, i am travelling to lusaka in two weeks. Can someone please tell me if there are any newly built hotels in lusaka zambia 2017 or 2016.

I am looking for something VERY clean, doesnt have to be down town, I WILL BE RENTING A CAR upon arrival.

Also do i need to get an international drivers licence from here(Manchester)? or can i get one in lusaka? Where do i get a cell phone and a simcard? good places to eat.

Will appreciate any info,

Thanks.

us
Level Contributor
78 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Any brand new hotels in lusaka zambia?

Good Day,

It is not brand new, but we stayed here a couple of years ago and found it to be quite nice. Modern decor and good food. Bar can get busy but if you request a room at the back of the property noise is no issue.

http://15.thelatitudehotels.com/

A small shopping center is about a 5 minute walk away. Here we were able to get a local sim (need passport)

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,536 posts
271 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any brand new hotels in lusaka zambia?

Get your international driving licence before you travel to Zambia is my recommendation. It's just a form at the post office where as in Zambia, well, let's just say the system is corrupt and hectic.

Mentioned in this post
Zambia
Zambia
Africa
London, United...
Level Contributor
1,536 posts
271 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any brand new hotels in lusaka zambia?

Apologies, I thought it was Manchester, UK not USA. The post office process is in the UK.

Lusaka, Zambia
Level Contributor
28 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any brand new hotels in lusaka zambia?

bring your license with you, howver driving is hectic in lusaka due to traffic.

i wouldnt say new hotel, the nice ones are radison blu, intercontinental, taj pamodzi fallsway villas, sandys creation.

if you would like more help let me know am a resident in lusaka.

Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
2,326 posts
324 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any brand new hotels in lusaka zambia?

I am staying at Latitude 15 myself when I stay overnight in Lusaka next year. I stayed before at the Radidon Blue which was perfectly fine albeit somewhat sterile and lacking in character.

I wouldn't recommend driving in Lusaka because it's not for the faint of heart. You should only risk driving here if you have driven elsewhere in Africa. Please rent a vehicle with a driver.

Mentioned in this post
Lusaka
Lusaka
Lusaka Province, Zambia
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
54 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Any brand new hotels in lusaka zambia?

Africanman

Would you let us know distance from airport to this hotel and how long it took to drive there? Considering early flight out to Mfuwe and wondering how much time we'll need.

Thank you!

7. Re: Any brand new hotels in lusaka zambia?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 July 2018, 12:16
Get answers to your questions about Lusaka