We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lusaka Trip Review

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
256 posts
127 reviews
Save Topic
Lusaka Trip Review

Hi all,

Just a quick recap for anyone who is interested.

We spent 2 nights in Lusaka, which isn't much, I wanted to do a road trip to Livingstone, but had no time. Anyway, Lusaka it is.

In summary, I felt very safe. Everyone was extremely friendly and helpful.

1. Food and accommodation was well-priced, about the same price as things in South Africa.

2. South Africans get a visa on arrival.

3. We stayed at the Protea Hotel on Cairo Road and had zero issues. Good service. WiFi was strong.

4. We went to the Munda Wanga Enviro Park and really enjoyed it.

5. Halal/vegetarian food was easily accessible. Not sure about strict vegetarians/vegans.

6. Rented a car with Europcar. Was a good car, had no issues.

7. Traffic is crazy.

For a more colourful description, feel free to read my review here: https:/…

Mentioned in this post
3 replies to this topic
London, United...
Level Contributor
1,379 posts
240 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lusaka Trip Review

Thanks AATOlive for reviewing Lusaka. Glad you felt safe. Aren't the people just wonderful? Thanks for raising the issue about the traffic. Unfortunately road development does not seem a priority for the Zambian government even though car ownership has more than trebled in the last decade. I still love the place.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,379 posts
240 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lusaka Trip Review

Just read your review. Funny and kinda true. Next time, venture north to Kitwe on the Copperbelt province. It is truly a country of peace and never fairly represented in Western media unfortunately.

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
256 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lusaka Trip Review

Hi Mukuma,

Thanks for reading. The people are truly wonderful. It does seem like they may be paying some more attention to the traffic, so perhaps in a few years things will be better!

I will definitely explore more next time, it's such a pity this trip was so rushed.

Reply to: Lusaka Trip Review
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Lusaka