Just a quick recap for anyone who is interested.
In summary, I felt very safe. Everyone was extremely friendly and helpful.
1. Food and accommodation was well-priced, about the same price as things in South Africa.
2. South Africans get a visa on arrival.
3. We stayed at the Protea Hotel on Cairo Road and had zero issues. Good service. WiFi was strong.
4. We went to the Munda Wanga Enviro Park and really enjoyed it.
5. Halal/vegetarian food was easily accessible. Not sure about strict vegetarians/vegans.
6. Rented a car with Europcar. Was a good car, had no issues.
7. Traffic is crazy.
For a more colourful description, feel free to read my review here: https:/…