We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Phone adapter for Zambia

Birmingham, United...
9 posts
Save Topic
Phone adapter for Zambia

In order to charge electrical items would I need a 2 Plug adapter. ?

5 replies to this topic
Destination Expert
for Zambia, Selous Game Reserve, Ruaha National Park
Level Contributor
5,282 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Phone adapter for Zambia

Zambia has UK type plugs, so assuming you are from Birmingham as your profile states, the answer is no.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
130 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Phone adapter for Zambia

Rather than clutter the board then I'll throw my question in here. I'll have camera, iphone, ipad, and flashlight (I believe y'all call it a torch) that uses rechargeable batteries. I do plan to bring precharged spares.

Will I be able to charge multiple devices using an adapter there? I will be at some remote camps in South Luangwa for instance and I doubt the power supply is infinite. Also what about car chargers? Will operators let you do that while on drives?

Bugibba, Malta
Level Contributor
437 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Phone adapter for Zambia

There is no prob to charge in south luangwa, most camps have generator or solar if not connected to the grid.

Do verify with the camps you are staying to be sure.

But note that the voltage is 230v unlike the USA. So you need to verify that any adaptors you bring from USA can run on this voltage. Some adaptors can run on both.

Birmingham, United...
9 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Phone adapter for Zambia

Thankyou for yr reply.

It's very helpful.

Thanks again

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
33 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Phone adapter for Zambia

A lot of locals charge their phones when they are in a taxi, so guess they would allow you as well (if not all the cables are taken by others yet).

Reply to: Phone adapter for Zambia
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Lusaka
Recent Conversations