We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel plan ideas

Level Contributor
39 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Travel plan ideas

Hi Everyone,

We have an extra 8 days available while in VFA and trying to figure out what to do.

Our original plan was to spend three days in VFA which included visiting livingstone.

We were meant to fly out to Egypt after the three days but couldnt get the visa and our next destination is Morocco which we can not enter earlier that the date on the visa.

So we have an extra 8 days while we are in Zimbabwe/Zamibia and trying to quickly figure out what to do. The datse are 28 Dec to 4th Jan which is not too far.

We would have already done a 9 days safari in Masaimara and Serengeti before entering victoria falls so wanted to see what else we can do apart from more safaries.

Thanks for your help.

Amir

Mentioned in this post
6 replies to this topic
Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
2,305 posts
304 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel plan ideas

I would recommend that you spend some days in Hwange National Park because even if it's rainy season in Zimbabwe and Zambia. I believe that the game viewing will still be good then despite the rains. Hwange is one of the finest National Parks In Africa,and it's only a short distance from Victoria Falls.

Mentioned in this post
Zambia
Zambia
Africa
Victoria Falls
Victoria Falls
Matabeleland North Province, Zimbabwe
london
Destination Expert
for Zambia, Selous Game Reserve, Ruaha National Park
Level Contributor
5,638 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel plan ideas

I am assuming your 8 days is on top of the three you already have at the falls, in which case I'd suggest you go elsewhere. It's hard to suggest something that doesn't involve safari, but I think you would find safari in Zambia/Zimbabwe/Botswana very different to East Africa. There is a real emphasis on walking safaris in Zambia and Zimbabwe, and there are also places like Chobe or Kafue where you can do river safaris. All the camps inside Lower Zambezi will be closed at that time, I think but there may be some camps on the Zambezi open which might offer boating and fishing.

8 days is even long enough to fly to South Luangwa. But budget is a factor here too.

Mentioned in this post
Zambia
Zambia
Africa
Chobe National Park
Chobe National Park
North-West District, Botswana
Level Contributor
39 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel plan ideas

thanks for your info.

Like I said, we probably had enough of safari and would want something different. not very keen on walking safaries especially under the rain.

what are places we can go when you said go elsewhere, what are the things we can do in south Luangwa that are different to other safaries.

we have to spend the money on extra 7 nights anyway so as long as I can find a flight to casablanca on the last day then it does not matter if it is worth flying somewhere else.

thanks alot

london
Destination Expert
for Zambia, Selous Game Reserve, Ruaha National Park
Level Contributor
5,638 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel plan ideas

If you want something other than safari to do, then to be honest I suggest you fly somewhere like Cape Town. I would take a look for places you can get a flight to easily from Vic Falls and then from there to Casablanca. Which I think will be a challenge. Cape Town? Windhoek for desert scenery in Namibia? Mozambique for beaches?

Mentioned in this post
Cape Town
Cape Town
Western Cape, South Africa
Windhoek
Windhoek
Khomas Region, Namibia
Namibia
Namibia
Africa
United States
Level Contributor
996 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel plan ideas

Amir, just reiterating what I posted to this same question in the Zimbabwe forum in case you miss it. You pointed out there that you are from Iran. You can not get your visa on arrival in Zambia, you must apply on line. That is important if you plan to follow through with going into Zambia.

Mentioned in this post
Zambia
Zambia
Africa
Level Contributor
39 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel plan ideas

THANKs evryone.

Will try to apply for a visa asap if we ended up going to zamibia otherwise will have to fly out to to Dubai or Turkey where there is no visa reqyirement even though we would have liked to spend time in Africa while we are there.

Reply to: Travel plan ideas
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Lusaka