We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling with Bhutan By Experts

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
31 posts
2 reviews
4 helpful votes
Traveling with Bhutan By Experts

Hello All,

Just back from my trip to Bhutan a little over a month ago, I had such a fantastic and magical time exploring Thimphu, Gangtey, Punakha, Paro and Haa. I had plenty of adventures guided by Tashi, an expert guide with an uncanny sense of making my visit unique and fun filled. We walked two different trail paths in the beautiful valley of Gangtey. We climbed to one high peak at Cheli La, a pass between Paro and Haa. We took pilgrimage to the extraordinary Tiger's Nest in Paro and to Lungchutse off Ducha La, a pass between Thimphu and Punakha. We went inside awe-inspiring fortresses and temples at each locations. These are just a few precious highlights among many on my trip.

My recommendation: GO TO BHUTAN...You won't be disappointed. The beauty of this small country is simply amazing.

The wonderful and spectacular Mr. Tashi could be reached at tashibhutan.com with the travel company Bhutan By Experts...You also won't be disappointed.

At cany case, whether guided by Tashi or another guide, let the gift of Bhutan present itself to you...This vacation won't disappoint you in any way.

Tashi Delek and travel safe all.

Singapore, Singapore
1 post
1 review
1. Re: Traveling with Bhutan By Experts

Hi All:

Me and my family are just coming back from a weeks tour to Bhutan. we had Bhutan By Experts as our travel companion. I really was mesmerized by the beauty of the country and the people. The company though small in size offers a lot of personalized services and we really felt lucky to have booked our tour with them.

Singapore, null...
1 post
2. Re: Traveling with Bhutan By Experts

Hi

We are planning our first trip to Bhutan. Is it possible to stay in a monastery for couple of days?

Anil

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Bhutan
Level Contributor
1,429 posts
12 reviews
18 helpful votes
3. Re: Traveling with Bhutan By Experts

I visited a nunnery during my second visit to Bhutan. I was very lucky that the "principal" of the nunnery gave me a personal tour around the nunnery. I managed to see their living quarters, where they mediate etc. They have very basic facilities. 3 to 4 nuns in a room. Each nun has only one bed and cupboard. Some rooms are without window and rooms are very dim. I don't think there is heater or air-condition.

Personally, I don't think you need to stay in a monastery for one night. In the standard itinerary, you will visit monasteries and their temples. You can ask the guide to ask the caretaker to show you around the monastery, including their living quarter, if this is possible.

If you have more questions, please post a new thread where others might benefit from reading the appropirate thread.

Mariana
6 posts
4. Re: Traveling with Bhutan By Experts

I had a wonderful experience with Bhutan by Experts and highly recommend them.

5. Re: Traveling with Bhutan By Experts

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 February 2014, 14:17
Get answers to your questions about Thimphu