We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alok Bhartia : Are You Scared Of Travelling Alone?

Bangalore Rural...
5 posts
Save Topic
Alok Bhartia : Are You Scared Of Travelling Alone?

The first time Alok Bhartia went off on a solo adventure overseas, it was scary as hell. Thailand is a beautiful country with a sizzling nightlife and the admirable Grand Palace. However, as the movie Hangover 2 puts it, it’s easy to get lost there. Travelling alone can be scary but it has its own perks. You get to open up more to the surroundings and explore a greater deal of options that you wouldn’t be able to, had you visited the place with your friends. Alok Bhartia suggests 5 reasons why travelling alone is best and how it shouldn’t pose a problem.

1.Solo travels make you confident and self-reliant

2.Hosts care for you

3.Travelling is easier when you’re alone

4.Making new friends

5.You’ll be more adaptable

Mentioned in this post
Grand Palace Hotel & Spa Yercaud
Grand Palace Hotel & Spa...
793 Reviews
Yercaud, India
51 replies to this topic
Mumbai
Level Contributor
11,348 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Alok Bhartia : Are You Scared Of Travelling Alone?

Wahyu T ... India welcomes you ... have memorable holiday.

Mentioned in this post
1 post
Save Reply
22. Re: Alok Bhartia : Are You Scared Of Travelling Alone?

WAHYU T hey don't worry about anything. India is very safe. We always welcome our guest.We will happy to see you in India. And forgot to try all indian food 🥘 You will like it very much.

Mentioned in this post
1 post
Save Reply
23. Re: Alok Bhartia : Are You Scared Of Travelling Alone?

Travel alone to know all about inner you....

Bangalore Rural...
5 posts
Save Reply
24. Re: Alok Bhartia : Are You Scared Of Travelling Alone?

Madhav S why do women not feel safe when they travel in India, sir? Why is there a stark difference between ‘foreign’ and ‘India’?

Edited: 27 May 2017, 20:12
Mentioned in this post
Bangalore Rural...
5 posts
Save Reply
25. Re: Alok Bhartia : Are You Scared Of Travelling Alone?

Graysdir

Ohhhh god yesss… Thailand….. This place is best explored on foot! I love the cute way the tuk tuk drivers say my name, ‘Alok Bhartia’ in Thai English. Haha makes me feel like Heisenberg sometimes!

Mentioned in this post
Bangalore Rural...
5 posts
Save Reply
26. Re: Alok Bhartia : Are You Scared Of Travelling Alone?

See that’s what I am talking about! Women need to come out of their shell and leave their fear behind. Ever since Nirbhaya happened, we’re telling women to stay indoors rather than telling men to behave. And yes, not just women, but men should travel solo too. More power to you Salsajo!

Bangalore Rural...
5 posts
Save Reply
27. Re: Alok Bhartia : Are You Scared Of Travelling Alone?

Madhav S What's modern women bhai? Women are Women! Irrespective of where you live, what your gender is, and what your so called 'Social Status' is , you should keep an open progressive mind!

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
6,214 posts
304 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Alok Bhartia : Are You Scared Of Travelling Alone?

thanks Alok Bhartia :)

I just read a great article I want to share about travelling to so called "dangerous" places. This article is about travelling to Iran, but could be applied to India too. It is about leaving your assumptions and looking at the world with opens arms. So much negative media attention and the REAL LIFE experience is SO different.

https:/…

Mentioned in this post
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
31 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: Alok Bhartia : Are You Scared Of Travelling Alone?

Love Thailand

Mentioned in this post
30. Re: Alok Bhartia : Are You Scared Of Travelling Alone?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 01 June 2017, 09:05

Reply to: Alok Bhartia : Are You Scared Of Travelling Alone?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted