We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Search best place to stay in Nashik w/o entering dates!

Mumbai
Level Contributor
94 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Search best place to stay in Nashik w/o entering dates!

So it seems the only way I can search for a hotel and see rankings on Tripadvisor is by entering dates. So that dear TripAdvisor will only show hotels that offer bookings on their or their partner website.

If I remember correctly, each one of us contributed our honest reviews for the greater good i.e. the community can easily and in a transparent manner search for the best place to stay in a particular city and read reviews.

Which has now become increasingly impossible! I wanted a simple search on best place to stay in Nashik and I cannot do it w/o entering dates. Further, there seems to be no credibility to their ratings, hotels with much lower rankings seem to show above ones which have better ratings. Yes, Tripadvisor will reply it is their secret and just algorithm which is probably only tweaked to show hotels that have paid them.

I am frustrated and furious as I (and we) have contributed to the building of this platform so that we can use it to plan our holidays NOT plan holidays based on Tripadvisor making money.

Crooks! anyone else feel the same?

1 reply
India
Destination Expert
for Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
5,425 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Search best place to stay in Nashik w/o entering dates!

Can understand your angst at how TA has changed the page layout to make you feel that the only way to see hotel reviews is by entering dates.

However, you can still see all hotels without entering the dates. Just click on the Search icon and start typing Nashik. You will get the link to the page for Nashik and also links to top hotels, restaurants and Things to do in Nashik.

Reply to: Search best place to stay in Nashik w/o entering dates!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted