We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buses from thamel to ktm airport

Bhilai, India
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Topic
Buses from thamel to ktm airport

Freinds Pls inform how to go to the tribhuwan airport from thamel area. Cani get buses during night hrs say by 09.00 hrs or taxi is only the option? What is the last bus that goes to airport from thamel during last day hrs. i.e 18.00hrs to 20.00 hs say.

7 replies to this topic
Sheffield, United...
Destination Expert
for Nepal
Level Contributor
13,164 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buses from thamel to ktm airport

Hi

There are no buses to the airport from Thamel. I'm not sure where the nearest place to get a bus is, New Bus Park on Kantipath perhaps. I don't know the times either. I would take a taxi.

scoodly

Mentioned in this post
Thamel
Thamel
4,806 Reviews
Kathmandu, Nepal
Level Contributor
154 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buses from thamel to ktm airport

Buses are available till 7 or 7 30 only

So after 9 pm

Taxi will be the only option :(

If you wanna take a local bus

You can first go to old Buspark (2 minutes from ratnapark) then catch a bus to airport

Kathmandu, Nepal
Level Contributor
107 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Buses from thamel to ktm airport

I would not recommend taking a bus at night with your luggage even for a day because it is not handy and takes a long time in the public bus so I would rather Taxi.

Thanks

Uncle Wiki

usa
Level Contributor
12 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Buses from thamel to ktm airport

Last week took a taxi in rush hour (Friday evening) from Thamel to the airport. I think in rush hour NPR 500 is a fair price. For non rush hour, NPR 400 is fine. Would not recommend taking a bus with luggage to the airport (even if there was one).

Mentioned in this post
Thamel
Thamel
4,806 Reviews
Kathmandu, Nepal
Kathmandu, Nepal
Level Contributor
93 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Buses from thamel to ktm airport

Hi,

There are not any direct bus from Kathmandu airport to Thamel. However if you come by walking out if Airport you can find the bus to Old Buspark/New Buspark and from there again you can catch the bus to Thamel during the day time but as your arris time it is rarely possible to catch the bus but whole going back to airport by 18 is still possible if you are fine with your luggage! Happy holiday, Gokarna

Mentioned in this post
Kathmandu
Kathmandu
Kathmandu Valley, Nepal
Thamel
Thamel
4,806 Reviews
Kathmandu, Nepal
Denver, Colorado
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Buses from thamel to ktm airport

No direct buses from thamel to the airport. Would recommend taking a taxi. If you want comfortable ride and also want to avoid wasting time bargaining for the fare , you can book online at www.simrika.com. You can call them as well if you have any questions.

Rotterdam, The...
Level Contributor
1,475 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Buses from thamel to ktm airport

Why would someone take a bus to the airport , unbelievable ...

Reply to: Buses from thamel to ktm airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
;