We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

8 days kathmandu to lhasa budget tour

Honolulu, Hawaii...
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
8 days kathmandu to lhasa budget tour

Aloha,

I have 2 weeks or longer before going to lhasa from kathmandu. Is it possible to join a tour of 8 days after I arrive in Nepal?

Bruno

Level Contributor
65 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 8 days kathmandu to lhasa budget tour

Yes you can but you are you looking forward for trekking or visit major attraction or particular tourist destination?

adelaide
Level Contributor
1,670 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 8 days kathmandu to lhasa budget tour

going from Kathmandu is not easy or reliable to arrange as the Chinese are very difficult and needs to be done very slowly to adjust to altitude

if it is possible to cross the border then all arrangements can be made in Kathmandu

Kathmandu, Nepal
Level Contributor
83 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 8 days kathmandu to lhasa budget tour

Yes it is possible,if you could give us the date you want to travel,i can suggest you few possible options.

London
Level Contributor
391 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 8 days kathmandu to lhasa budget tour

I am keen on this also, would be travelling February / March next year

thank you

Mark

Kathmandu, Nepal
Destination Expert
for Nepal
Level Contributor
2,282 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 8 days kathmandu to lhasa budget tour

Hello,

It won't be difficult but remember that you will need some days before you get your travel permit to Tibet. There are some Tibet budget tour operators in Kathmandu who will help you on this issue.

Honolulu, Hawaii...
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 8 days kathmandu to lhasa budget tour

Aloha Himalayan L and all of those that replied to my request,

I would like to say "Mahalo nui loa" which means thank you very much in Hawaii for responding to my request.

After surfing the net for quite sometimes for the possibilities to go from Kathmandu to Lhasa, I found out that I might encounter difficulties for me to and look for a tour to be in Lhasa by land.

So I decided to fly to Kunming and will go to Chengdu hoping to find a tour for a week to go to Everest base camp and back to China so that I don't have to end my trip at Lhasa and be forced to fly back to Kathmandu again unless I can find some fellows Americans to be willing to tack along with me thru China and get out of the country at the same time. That seems impossible because I intend to visit China for about another couple of months before going somewhere. Besides I will be 66 y. old and almost completely deaf, even though right now I am still very strong and Healthy but one never know after 7 months from today.

Never the less I already bought all my tickets and will be in Kathmandu Jun 4Th 2014.

Thank you very much and still hope to hear from all of you, much Aloha to you all, bye

B Cam

Honolulu, Hawaii...
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 8 days kathmandu to lhasa budget tour

Aloha Uhhnvi,

Thank you for wanting to help me with attractions and trekking in Kathmandu.

I am in a tight budget if you can suggest some reasonable attractions and trekking that have to be guided only best is to show me how to do for myself.

I would be appreciated. Because of my old age of 66 y. old by the time I will be there and also deaf, I normally have tried the most I can do by myself. This voyage is probably will be my last to Asia so I am planning to do and see as most as I can. Regardless of my age and deafness I am still very strong, climbing mountains is usually no problem for me until now, I regularly doing some swimming, hiking and cycling.

I will spend about 3 to 4 months in Asia start my journey in late April or Early May and will be in Kathmandu on Jun 4Th to Jun 17Th, leaving for Kunming, China and still will try to go to Everest base camp from Chengdu for a week or so.

Thank you in advance for you reply back to me and will be very happy to study about your suggestions, good bye,

Bieng C

8. Re: 8 days kathmandu to lhasa budget tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 25 October 2014, 22:35
9. Re: 8 days kathmandu to lhasa budget tour

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 24 October 2014, 22:39
10. Re: 8 days kathmandu to lhasa budget tour

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2015, 13:16