We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa upon arrival

Dixon
Level Contributor
164 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Visa upon arrival

I tried to get my visa online and by filling out a form to mail in several months ago. Seems these options are no longer available. No way will I mail my passport anywhere for approval.

So what should I do to make getting out of the airport easier? Are the lines very long? I have heard it takes up to 6 hours. Can I download forms or are they provided in-flight before landing?

It's a 53 hour flight, including layover so any help is very appreciated.

France
Destination Expert
for Nepal, Tibet, Bhutan, Bhaktapur, Kathmandu, Jomsom, Mustang Region, Namche Bazaar, Sagarmatha National Park, Annapurna Region
Level Contributor
3,450 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visa upon arrival

Hello,

Welcome to TripAdvisor forum for Nepal!

Well, if you fill up the form correctly they will show you a confirmation page, you have to print that and bring it with you. Give the confirmation in the airport and they will issue the visa for you. Below is the link:

online.nepalimmigration.gov.np/tourist-visa

They says that you can submit the form only within 15 days of your arrival, filling up the form prior to that will delete your submission automatically by the system. Be careful here!

If you want then you can also print airport visa application form and fill it up before reaching Kathmandu airport. Just give the form to immigration officer in the airport and get your visa. Below is the link for form:

www.nepalimmigration.gov.np/download/app1.pdf

Good Luck!

Espoo
Level Contributor
2,101 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Visa upon arrival

Getting the visa at the airport, with out doing anything beforehand, takes 15-60 minutes usually, depending on the number of planes that have landed. Print and fill the form at home, or while standing in line. Have one passport picture and exact change in dollars for the visa, speeds things up.

Dhahran, Saudi...
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visa upon arrival

Thanks for the above information. I'm printing out the forms to fill in and have ready, but just out of curiosity, I've tried the online application unsuccessfully. Kept telling me my image file was incorrect but wouldn't tell me what kind it wanted...any thoughts if you've had success before?

Umeå
Destination Expert
for Leh
Level Contributor
4,887 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visa upon arrival

Image file : probably too large file size . The intructions talks about file size in inches , which is nonsense for digital images .

5. Re: Visa upon arrival

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2014, 18:03
Asia
Level Contributor
530 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Visa upon arrival

Just make sure you queue at the cash desk first, pay the money, then queue at the visa issuing desk corresponding to the length of visa you require.

Singapore, Singapore
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Visa upon arrival

Hi Rhythm D

My understanding as below :

The frist link is for online application only

The 2nd link where we can print out right now and fill up then we submit to the counter upon our arrival at the airport.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks

zybil

8. Re: Visa upon arrival

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2014, 23:25
9. Re: Visa upon arrival

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 21 October 2015, 12:16