We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mountain Flight before International Departure?

Singapore
13 posts
Save Topic
Mountain Flight before International Departure?

Hi all,

Was wondering if it is feasible to do the mountain flight on the same day as my international departure? My international flight is at 1.00pm and was thinking to take the earliest mountain flight. If the mountain flight is delayed due to bad weather, can I request for a full refund? Thank you all!

France
Destination Expert
for Nepal, Tibet, Bhutan, Bhaktapur, Kathmandu, Jomsom, Mustang Region, Namche Bazaar, Sagarmatha National Park, Annapurna Region
Level Contributor
3,450 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mountain Flight before International Departure?

Hello,

Welcome to TripAdvisor forum for Nepal!

You can ask for refund if the mountain flight is delayed or cancelled but the problem is they will refund to travel agent, they won't give you cash directly. I think even if you purchase directly with them they won't give you cash right after.

Good Luck!

Sheffield, United...
Destination Expert
for Nepal
Level Contributor
11,378 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mountain Flight before International Departure?

Hi

I have not tried what you suggest and it might be possible but I would check the airline's terms and conditions about cancellations and refunds. I wonder if the refund is for a cancellation rather than a delay.

Your flight could be delayed beyond the point that you need to leave the domestic terminal and check in for the international flight butstill ultimately flies.

Presumably you willl have checked out of your hotel; what will you do with your luggage? I don't think there are any storage facilities at the airport.

scoodly

Cumbria
Level Contributor
4,989 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mountain Flight before International Departure?

Scoodly has raised a good point with your luggage and I can’t think of a simple way around this – If you have a good relationship with your hotel or agent then it might be possible for you to arrange your luggage to be delivered to outside the international terminal a couple of hours before you flight home, but I can see a few potential pitfalls and what would you do if for some reason it didn’t arrive ??

Also – If your mountain flight hasn’t boarded by about 09.30, which would be about the latest time you could safely do it and leave sufficient time to get from the domestic to the international terminal, hopefully meet up with your hotel or agent and retrieve your luggage, get through security, check in etc in time to catch your international flight, trying to get a refund organised in such a short timescale could well be impossible.

Therefore – if it were me, I would either reschedule or give it a miss.

Good Luck and Happy Safe Travels

Rob

My Nepal Blog members.virtualtourist.com/m/50192/6ec/

Singapore
13 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Mountain Flight before International Departure?

thank you all for the advice, i will probably give it a miss then, thanks!

Kathmandu, Nepal
Level Contributor
192 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Mountain Flight before International Departure?

Hi when do you plan to do the mountain flight and if it is around this season then I would say to do it, I am not the person of hotel or travel agent which works for you but if I was then I would guarantee your luggage to bring it to the airport.

Why don't you ask the guide you might have trekked with, they would help you in that case.

Bhuwan

Edited: 21 October 2014, 18:38
Espoo
Level Contributor
2,100 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Mountain Flight before International Departure?

When wee took the Mountain Flight we returned around 13:30, even though the scheduled start was supposed to be around 08:00. It is the weather which dictates the flights, trying to get to 13:00 international departure is certainly risky, and you will not get your money back if the flight is still pending when you have to check into your international flight.

7. Re: Mountain Flight before International Departure?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2014, 00:41
8. Re: Mountain Flight before International Departure?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2015, 12:15