We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What kind of winter wear for Dec weather

Which Taiwan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Save Topic
What kind of winter wear for Dec weather

Hi there,

I am going Taiwan on 26/Dec for a week covering Taipei, Taichung, Kaohsiung and Hualien. I believe that the weather by then would be definitely much colder than now at probably 13-18 degree celsius.

However, I am not really sure what kind of clothings shall I bring along for this kind of weather. I am bringing along a 3 and 11 year old kids along.

Would some one please advise?

Taipei Taiwan
Destination Expert
for Taiwan, Taipei
Level Contributor
7,817 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What kind of winter wear for Dec weather

Hi

For adults,you can bring Jackets etc nothing too heavy .It is generally much warmer in the South.For kids, you bring extra t-shirts for layers .Other than that,you can pick up what you need at the night markets and underground malls since winter wear hare is definitely cheaper than in S'pore

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
286 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: What kind of winter wear for Dec weather

We are going up to Alishan to stay 2 nights in end Dec. What sort of winter wear will be appropriate for the kids? Thks!

Singapore
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: What kind of winter wear for Dec weather

hi Lighthouse,

I'm planning to visit Alishan as well. Have you found a homestay? Any to recommend?

I've contacted Small Swiss, but since it's quite popular, I'm thinking the chance of getting it at such short notice is quite slim...so I'm wondering where else can I have a good homestay experience.

Thank you!

Johor Bahru...
Level Contributor
1,467 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What kind of winter wear for Dec weather

take a look at my blog, the pic of the room and address

danieljbmy.blogspot.com

Singapore
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: What kind of winter wear for Dec weather

Hi Nuttyazn,

Thank you for your valuable advice.

As we are travel with tour, we are worried that we do not have the time to catch some winter wear at Taiwan on the 1st nite base on our tight itinerary schedule.

So we would like to make sure that we have sufficient clothings to last us for at least 3-4 days before we get the chance to shop for clothings.

Singapore
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: What kind of winter wear for Dec weather

Hi , we are going to Taipei end of the this year and just wanna confirm is it very cold at the period of time end of December ?and don't know how thick our ja met would be the best as we re going with a 5 years old kid, please advise thanks.

7. Re: What kind of winter wear for Dec weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 05 December 2012, 17:35
Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore
Level Contributor
43,979 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What kind of winter wear for Dec weather

post # 7- spam. Guys, please vote. Hong k is having fun littering the TA forums across......

9. Re: What kind of winter wear for Dec weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 12:16