We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to wear in Taiwan

Which Taipei hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
singapore
8 posts
Save Topic
What to wear in Taiwan

Hello. I am planning a trip to taipei and kaohsiung somewhere in december for 7 days. Does anyone of you know what type of winter clothings are advisable? I have seen girls wearing mini skirts and shorts with boots in the winter. Are these okay or would you encourage something else instead?

hualien
Destination Expert
for Taipei, Taiwan
Level Contributor
3,063 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to wear in Taiwan

long sleeves and pants would be practical considering u'd be travelling.If u're set on wearing shorts or mini skirts, be sure to get woollen stockings to go with them.

singapore
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: What to wear in Taiwan

ooooohh... so do i need to wear thermal wear? my friend says it would be good to wear hand gloves as well. not very sure if that is necessary though ... =/

hualien
Destination Expert
for Taipei, Taiwan
Level Contributor
3,063 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to wear in Taiwan

hey, this is not Hokkaido,u know.The weather is mostly like Genting highland, cool, but tolerable, unless when cold fronts set in, then u may need thicker clothings

Level Contributor
389 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: What to wear in Taiwan

Hi,

does mid jan need scraf and glooves if i am visiting yehliu and hualien and flying cow ranch?

thanks

Taipei Taiwan
Destination Expert
for Taiwan, Taipei
Level Contributor
7,892 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What to wear in Taiwan

We generally wear a Hat/Cap and stick our hands in our pocket when it gets cold here.

Few people wear scarves and gloves.

Mini with short skirt and boots are fine but they also wear those thicker fashion hoses (You can get those here when you come over at Shihlin e.t.c. ) and suitable jacket.

singapore
8 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: What to wear in Taiwan

what are the prices like for winter jackets that are on sale in taiwan?

7. Re: What to wear in Taiwan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2008, 12:23
singapore
8 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: What to wear in Taiwan

wow they are considered pretty cheap i must say! i heard temperatures in december are about 10 degrees or will it be higher than 10?

Taipei, Taiwan
Level Contributor
122 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: What to wear in Taiwan

Hi junkfood,

Although I do work as a reporter, I'm not a weather reporter, so it's difficult to say what the weather here may or may not be like in two months. Feel free to either post again to the forums or contact me before your trip and I'll do my best to help out.

TIAD at taipeiinaday dot com

Singapore
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: What to wear in Taiwan

weather in december also bothers me.. as singapore is always hot.. so individual tolerance level is different.. still remember i saw everyone wearing long sleevee but i'm one of the few wearing t-shirt.. haha~ nobody knows what will be the weather be.. Only time will tells.. haiz..