We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

CingJing Minsu

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
150 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
CingJing Minsu

i will be going for my 2nd trip to Taiwan.. heading "more" southwards this time as my 1st trip was mostly in Taipei..

I wanna seek all the Taiwan experts advise.. which Minsu in CingJing do you recommend?

with good services... eg. able to drive u around.. cause CingJing is pretty big..

it will be a great help if able to provide the link of the Minsu..

map of CingJing.. www.cingjing.com.tw/map/map_08_trip.asp

hong kong
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: CingJing Minsu

Highly recommend "StarHome" Minsu. Their room rate already included breakfast/ afternoon tea and dinner. They also offer free transportation in CingJing area. Pls check at their website as below...

http://sunping.nantou.com.tw/

Singapore
Level Contributor
61 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: CingJing Minsu

Not sure if you have already gone for your trip. I'm back from my two-days at CingJing and you may consider Starry minsu http://starry.nantou.com.tw

I've got a bit of my experience here …blogspot.com/2009/12/sun-mountains-dog.html

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
212 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: CingJing Minsu

Confirm that the minsu has heating if you are going this winter. Mine doesn't, an oversight.

Singapore
Level Contributor
80 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: CingJing Minsu

My family of 3 stayed in Starry last week for 2 nights too. Indeed a wonderful experience, everything mentioned in Pluto_sg's blog is true. Doobi is very good natured, my 7yo son simply loves her. The moment we left Starry for Taipei, he asked to return to Starry so he could play with Doobi. My husband likes the place too, for its peacefulness. If we visit Taiwan again, will surely stay in Starry. No regrets!

Singapore
Level Contributor
80 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: CingJing Minsu

Oh, the only thing that I think is lacking at Starry is central heating. They provide electric mattress but the moment you gotta get out of bed to answer nature calls, it is F-R-E-E-Z-I-N-G because night termperature falls to below 5 degree celsius.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
150 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: CingJing Minsu

hmm.. will the temp also fall to the 5 degree range at night during April?

Singapore
Level Contributor
61 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: CingJing Minsu

>> Holyark, April is not going to be this cold. By March it's going into Spring and what with global warming, I'd be thinking CingJing would be just nice spring time!

>>Jade-SG, I know! It was BRRRRrr when we got out of bed. May not be very good for the very young or the aged. I could still bear with it, but my father preferred to stay under the covers!

I've just put up a post of what I did in JiaoSi. See if you'd like to visit it. I'd strongly recommend trying the pumpkin fried rice. YUM!

…blogspot.com/2009/12/onsen-or-food.html

Singapore
Level Contributor
80 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: CingJing Minsu

Holyark, Mr Lee mentioned that during Summer, night temperature is about 15 degree celsius. So my guess is that night temperature in March could hover around 10 degree celsius. But if it snows, it will be freezing cold.

Pluto_sg, I think we met at Starry. Waiting for sunrise one of the mornings.....

Singapore
Level Contributor
61 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: CingJing Minsu

OMG! Err.... family of three... you occupied the middle room? You know, I missed the food in Taiwan already.. and strangely enough, I developed a taste for the goat's milk love-letters. I finished like a whole box today!!!

Singapore
Level Contributor
80 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: CingJing Minsu

Yep, that's us.

Missed the time in Starry ^_^

Get answers to your questions about Taipei