We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Concert at Taipei Arena (Xiao Ju Dan)

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
45 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Concert at Taipei Arena (Xiao Ju Dan)

I'm thinking of going to a concert near the year end at Taipei Arena (Xiao Ju Dan) and hope for some information.

- Tickets sold at ERA Ticketing (Nian Dai) - is it convenient to do this from overseas? How are tickets collected?

- transport to Taipei Arena (Xiao Ju Dan) - what is the best option if staying near Taipei train station?

- how is post concert transportation like? Is it easy to call for a cab (since I think it will be too late for subway or buses?)

- Is the Taipei Area an indoor or outdoor place? Is it cold in Dec?

Thanks!

Singapore
Level Contributor
764 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Concert at Taipei Arena (Xiao Ju Dan)

Check out its website.

www.taipeiarena.com.tw/web/w31/w31.aspx

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
45 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Concert at Taipei Arena (Xiao Ju Dan)

Thanks TaiwanFan.

I have visited the site before but was hoping someone would have 1st hand knowledge of how the transport situation is after a concert. Am especially concerned about getting stranded there with no transport on a cold night!

CA
Level Contributor
116 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Concert at Taipei Arena (Xiao Ju Dan)

Answers:

no idea how you get tickets from overseas, never done that before.

Regarding transportation, if you staying near TMS, then take either MRT or bus to the arena. After the concert, there should be enough buses around with small amount of wait time, or walk 8 minutes to the nearest MRT station. The MRT is still going on about 1am if I remember correctly. If not, you can always take taxi, which is about a 15-20 minute drive. The arena is an indoor space although the AC can be really strong. I would wear pants and bring a jacket in case you get cold.

1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Concert at Taipei Arena (Xiao Ju Dan)

Hi,

I think there are a couple of way to collect your ticket. I am going over there for mayday's concert this year end too. You can check this url out from nian dai. www.ticket.com.tw/infor/ticketing02.asp

The easiest way I guess is to go down to Taipei arena beforehand to collect your ticket or you could go to any 7-11 shops to make your collection.

Hope it helps :)

Singapore, null...
Level Contributor
603 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Concert at Taipei Arena (Xiao Ju Dan)

went for concert a few years back december too. bought the tickets online there was an option to select where to collect the tickets. we chose the 7-11 closest to the the hotel we stay that time just show the confirmation slip i think and they will print the tickets for u.

that time we went the concert ended about 1130pm so there was still mrt running

Taipei, Taiwan
Level Contributor
889 posts
320 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Concert at Taipei Arena (Xiao Ju Dan)

You can have them send the tickets to you overseas I am sure, and if not, if you know where you are staying in Taipei, have them sent to the hotel under your name and then inform the hotel, by calling them and speaking to the manager, and let them know you will stay there xx-xx and that you have concert tickets coming, do not throw them away. I have never done this in Taiwan, but have done this in other countries, depending on the hotel you are staying at usaully they are pretty good about it, that is if they understand your request. you could also follow up the phone call with an email. or if you have any friends here, send the tickets to them or even have them buy them for you.

Taxi's in taipei are not that expensive. there is an mrt around the arena but as i remember it is quite a walk, usually i take a taxi, so sorry i dont remember where it is off hand. you can get a cab just about anywhere, look for the ones with phone numbers on them those will be safer, but actually most cabs even ones without numbers or phone numbers on them are all registered with the goverment, but if its late at night youc an choose a cab with a phone number and a logo on it, there will be more of them throughout the city. you can probably also ask someone to call a cab for you at the arena, though i am not sure who you would have to ask to do that..

Singapore, Singapore
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Concert at Taipei Arena (Xiao Ju Dan)

i just booked mayday concert last week & they told me that they do send overseas & postage cost 50NT

Taipei, Taiwan
Level Contributor
889 posts
320 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Concert at Taipei Arena (Xiao Ju Dan)

That sounds about right. The usaully charge us locally 50NT also.

9. Re: Concert at Taipei Arena (Xiao Ju Dan)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 January 2013, 18:18