We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taipei>Gaoxiong>Ken Ding>Sun Moon Lake>TaiChung>Taipei

Which Taipei hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
4 posts
Save Topic
Taipei>Gaoxiong>Ken Ding>Sun Moon Lake>TaiChung>Taipei

Am traveling to Taipei in May and my route is arrive in Taipei and the very day take HSR to Gaoxiong stay over 3D2N then head to Ken Ding, SML, TaiChung (can skip if not possible) then back to Taipei.. Is it possible to cover in 8days?

Day 1 arrive in Taipei > Gaoxiong (stay 3D2N)

Day 2 & Day 3 Gaoxiong

Day 4 Gaoxiong > Ken Ding (stay 2D1N)

Day 5 Ken Ding

Day 6 Ken Ding > SML (possible to cover in 1 day? 2D1N)

Day 7 SML > Taipei (2D1N)

Day 8 Taipei > SG

Can also advise me how should i travel around, where can i buy the tickets, is there tourist tickets or multi rides tickets, how much it costs, schedules of the trains and buses.

Taoyüan, T'ai-wan...
13 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Taipei>Gaoxiong>Ken Ding>Sun Moon Lake>TaiChung>Taipei

You might want to shorten your stay in KKH and so that you can have a full day and night at SML. Did you arrange for your accommodations already ?

Singapore, Singapore
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Taipei>Gaoxiong>Ken Ding>Sun Moon Lake>TaiChung>Taipei

Hi,

Thanks for your reply! I can't shorten my stay in KHH, got some event to attend..

How about I shorten my stay in Ken Ding?

Taoyüan, T'ai-wan...
13 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Taipei>Gaoxiong>Ken Ding>Sun Moon Lake>TaiChung>Taipei

It all depends if you like the beach more or the lake...but i think a full day at SML is more important than spending the night there.

Singapore, Singapore
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Taipei>Gaoxiong>Ken Ding>Sun Moon Lake>TaiChung>Taipei

by the way...wats there in SML? not done enough research.. only have a lake? how do i travel around SML?? is the HSR station near the Lake or something?

So you are saying day time at SML is more precious than nite? so I should spend my day then night falls, i can head to maybe taichung or somewhere?

Taoyüan, T'ai-wan...
13 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Taipei>Gaoxiong>Ken Ding>Sun Moon Lake>TaiChung>Taipei

You'll have to take a bus to get out to SML since it's a pretty remote place though now a pretty touristy spot. Check out wiki travel for more info

http://wikitravel.org/en/Sun_Moon_Lake

But ya..if I were you I would head to Taichung after sunset.

6. Re: Taipei>Gaoxiong>Ken Ding>Sun Moon Lake>TaiChung>Taipei

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 February 2014, 14:16