We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transit in BKK

Beijing, China
4 posts
Save Topic
Transit in BKK

Hello everyone,

I'm planning a trip now and I'm thinking how's the transit policy in BKK airport. Original plan would be to land in Bangkok, Suvarnabhumi airport (BKK) until 8 o'clock in the morning from Bali with Thai airways/Malaysia airlines/Jetasia and then to get on a separate flight on 11:15 to Kiev, Ukraine with Ukraine international airlines. I would have a 20kg suitcase with me. So, I faced some questions I guess could be easily answered there:

1. How long approximately it would take to do such a transfer? 2. After I would take my suitcase, do I have to get a visa for entering again for a flight? What is the procedure? I'm quite worried about my lack of such knowledge as I haven't had much experience with intercontinental transfers.

Thanks in advance..!

Mentioned in this post
Bangkok Intl Airport
Bangkok Intl Airport
Bangkok, Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
7 replies to this topic
Rawai, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,633 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transit in BKK

Onj

Edited: 07 June 2018, 00:35
Beijing, China
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Transit in BKK

I also forgot to mention that I’m from EU country

Rawai, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,633 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transit in BKK

That still doesn't clarify your visa needs - EU countries aren't all treated the same. Which nationality passport are you travelling under?

Beijing, China
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Transit in BKK

Lithuania.

How does the procedure of intl-intl flight transfer in BKK look like? Would be so thankful if anyone experienced and could share

Edited: 07 June 2018, 18:52
Mentioned in this post
Bangkok Intl Airport
Bangkok Intl Airport
Bangkok, Thailand
Rawai, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,633 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transit in BKK

Lithuanians need a visa on arrival, costing 2000 baht.

Given the time to obtain your visa, get through immigration, collect baggage, then have to go to check-in for your next flight, I think it's too tight.

You should plan to get to BKK the day before your flight, stay over at a local hotel, then fly to Kiev the following day.

Mentioned in this post
Bangkok Intl Airport
Bangkok Intl Airport
Bangkok, Thailand
Beijing, China
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Transit in BKK

Many thanks for the answer, that’s very helpful

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
9,983 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Transit in BKK

Staying overnight in Bangkok before an intercontinental flight on a separate ticket is prudent. In that case flying into Don Mueang with Air Asia is also an option if it offers the best price.

On the other hand the visa and accommodation increase your costs so it may be worth comparing the total cost to the prices of airlines that provide a real transit in Bangkok.

Mentioned in this post
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Asia Hotel Bangkok
Asia Hotel Bangkok
1,504 Reviews
Bangkok, Thailand
Reply to: Transit in BKK
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted