We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What happens if you are under a Doctor's care for infection

Prachuap Khiri Khan...
9 posts
Save Topic
What happens if you are under a Doctor's care for infection

I'm on a 30 day tourist visa...primarily to pick up mail at my usual hotel.If I feel mail will not arrive on time, I'd apply for an extension without a problem.....Whatever works for me...THE PROBLEM....I have an infection...on medication, being treated by a doctor one block from my hotel...would be currently too sick to go to apply for an extension, and too sick under present conditions to leave when my 30 days are up..I haven't seen ANYTHING related to medical..So what is the solution. Begin a new Searc

Oriental Kwai Resort
Oriental Kwai Resort
#1 of 81 hotels in Kanchanaburi
Akara Hotel
Akara Hotel
#1 of 924 hotels in Bangkok
15 replies to this topic
Berlin/Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Berlin, Thailand
Level Contributor
19,452 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What happens if you are under a Doctor's care for infection

You can get a medical extension for up to 90 days if your doctor issues a letter certifying you’re unfit for travel. Unfortunately, there’s no way to avoid a trip to the Immigration office for this. It’s in Dan Singkhon: prachuapkhirikhan.org/practical-prachuap/…

PS: You have a visa exemption, not any kind of visa.

Edited: 08 June 2018, 12:16
Prachuap Khiri Khan...
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: What happens if you are under a Doctor's care for infection

You need to understand that my infection would not allow me to make the journey. My Doctor would attest to the impracticality which WOULD ONLY impair my health further.

i know the Immigration office......I am in Prachuap.. and its 18 Klicks from me...THAT TRIP, currently couldn't. handle...There must be an arbiter of reson over form...Doctor's letter would need to surfice with that reasoning

Mentioned in this post
Prachuap Beach Hotel
Prachuap Beach Hotel
141 Reviews
Prachuap Khiri Khan, Thailand
Prachuap Khiri...
Level Contributor
7,243 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What happens if you are under a Doctor's care for infection

Do you have someone to go for you instead. Take PP and Letter from doc, and may work, as they are understanding at times.

Do you have the 'letter' ?

Berlin/Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Berlin, Thailand
Level Contributor
19,452 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What happens if you are under a Doctor's care for infection

You absolutely need to get the extension or you will get in trouble with Immigration. It’s possible to have someone else go with your power of attorney. Can your doctor’s office not organize this? Most hospitals would take care of it.

Level Contributor
5,764 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What happens if you are under a Doctor's care for infection

Why do i always feel suspicious about posts like these, especially when the OPs other posts are all about getting visas and how to cheat the visa rules. I could be completely wrong, but seems op has asked a few times about getting visa exemptions and land crossings and what ifs.

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
384 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: What happens if you are under a Doctor's care for infection

He also forgot it is not a 30 day Tourist Visa but an Exemption.

Edited: 08 June 2018, 16:32
Mentioned in this post
Visa Hotel
Visa Hotel
88 Reviews
Hua Hin, Thailand
Hobart, Australia
Level Contributor
2,329 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What happens if you are under a Doctor's care for infection

Not sure that immigration will believe that you are not well enough to make a trip to the immigration office when staying in hotel and not in a hospital.

Prachuap Khiri Khan...
9 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: What happens if you are under a Doctor's care for infection

My friend just died from the infection... I told him... Alfie go the hospital...No the Doctor gave me medicine...He was always considerate of protocol about visas and extensions....His problem always banging the ladies...I guess it caught to him in a big way...I guess That's his legacy to pass onto trip Advisor...Say a prayer for Alfie to save him from hell...gonna be tough though he slept wit a lot of women RIP Alfie...no more extensions needed

Level Contributor
5,764 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What happens if you are under a Doctor's care for infection

Huh?

Prachuap Khiri Khan...
9 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: What happens if you are under a Doctor's care for infection

The link to the Prachuap .org very useful...Disappointed didn't find the map at bottom of the page to the Dan S center as stated; nor, any mention of transportation there and back to centre ville.... comme the cover picture of PKK org

Mentioned in this post
Prachuap Beach Hotel
Prachuap Beach Hotel
141 Reviews
Prachuap Khiri Khan, Thailand
Reply to: What happens if you are under a Doctor's care for infection
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
;