We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tui Thai 2 centre holiday and internal fights

London
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Tui Thai 2 centre holiday and internal fights

Hi there,

My partner and I are off to Thailand in November with Tui. First we fly direct to Phuket, then an internal flight will take us up to Chiang Mai for three nights. We'll then fly back to Phuket and spend the next 11 days in Khao Lak. Has any one else done one of these two centre holidays in Thailand with Tui and if so what did you think, who did you fly with for your internal flights and were the connections good?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

Helen x

7 replies to this topic
Berkshire
Level Contributor
3 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tui Thai 2 centre holiday and internal fights

I too would be really interested if anyone can provide info on internal flight connections, times, approx arrival into Chiang Mai. We travel in December 2018. Have tried to call them several times but no one can tell me when we can expect to arrive into Chiang Mai which is making booking trips a bit tricky. Thank you.

Edited: 20 June 2018, 01:00
Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
9,143 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tui Thai 2 centre holiday and internal fights

It is very easy to arrange DIY holidays in Thailand. Apart from DIY usually working out cheaper it is of course more flexible and there is no uncertainty about airlines, connections, layovers etc.

For the two posters above it appears to be too late to DIY, but if you enjoy Thailand and wish to return then DIY is the way to go. While you are in Thailand, again assuming that you are enjoying yourselves and would consider returning, check out a few hotels and collect brochures.

Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
3,063 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tui Thai 2 centre holiday and internal fights

This question gets asked often on the Khao Lak forum, see this recent thread

https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g29…

London
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tui Thai 2 centre holiday and internal fights

Thank you for that, much appreciated!

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
8,779 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tui Thai 2 centre holiday and internal fights

Very hard to plan,when they are not forth coming with a schedule.

Sound s like they are a bit slippery con outfit to me or just wheeler dealers, wait to get the cheapest fares on a Thai operator.

Good Luck

Edited: 20 June 2018, 15:38
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,451 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tui Thai 2 centre holiday and internal fights

@ JohnListon

You may not have heard of Tui but it is the world’s leading tourism group with a growing interest in package holidays and flights to Thailand particularly from Europe - see https:/…about-tui-group They are particularly successful as they offer non-stop long haul flights from many locations throughout Europe on their fleet of B787 Dreamliner aircraft.

That said the criticism of the handling of advance information on their multi centre holidays to Thailand leaves much to be desired. Everything appears to work on arrival but it does present problems and worries as this and other topics have illustrated

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
8,779 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tui Thai 2 centre holiday and internal fights

Yes I think they were Thompson.

People come to site like this and bag out Third party booking agents.

How hard can it be for them, all they have to do is do what anyone can do, that is decide who to fly the person with and book a ticket for them...rather they prefer to string people along.

Chok Dee

Edited: 20 June 2018, 16:05
Reply to: Tui Thai 2 centre holiday and internal fights
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted