We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thailand transit visa or tourist

2 posts
Save Topic
Thailand transit visa or tourist

I am a Pakistani citizen , staying in australia . I am going to pakistan via thai air, i wanna stay in thailand for few days on my way to Pakistan , and on return i have a gap of 15 hrs in bangkok . So my question is do i need a transit visa or tourist visa.

Sexondly which one is processed quickly . Thanks

9 replies to this topic
1. Re: Thailand transit visa or tourist

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 09 June 2018, 00:02

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
375 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Thailand transit visa or tourist

Check with the embassy, I don't think Pakistan passport holders can take Visa On Arrival

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
9,960 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thailand transit visa or tourist

Visas on arrival are not available to Pakistani citizens. The OP clearly has made his homework on that.

Thai embassy in Canberra lists prices for transit visas http://canberra.thaiembassy.org/Home/visa so it would be odd if they are not granting them.

Multiple-entry tourist visas require a lot of funds and lots of documentation so they are not a reasonable choice.

The embassy probably is not joking when they state that the minimum processing time is 21 days for Pakistani passport holders. My guess would be that visas requiring the fewest amount of supporting documentation risk the least additional processing time and have also the smallest risk of rejection due to incomplete or incorrect documentation.

I would contact the embassy to confirm in writing if you need a visa on your return trip due to the more than 12 hour layover.

Bastar, India
Level Contributor
70 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Thailand transit visa or tourist

Arandora wrong. There is transit visa and it's valid for up to 30 days.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,257 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thailand transit visa or tourist

I sit corrected, twice! Post removed. Missed the nationality.

Bastar, India
Level Contributor
70 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Thailand transit visa or tourist

AFAIK transit visa is available to any nation ( maybe not to these south sudan, siria etc)

Thai consulate in my country "sell" it normally for 30€ with max stay 30 days while SETV is 35€/60 days

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,257 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Thailand transit visa or tourist

Pakistani nationals require a visa in advance according to this website flyingtoworld.com/thailand-visa-requirements…

Bastar, India
Level Contributor
70 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Thailand transit visa or tourist

Transit visa is also visa in advance. You can't just show up and pay it at airport. Same as SETV you need to go in embassy/consulate to get it.

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
8,328 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Thailand transit visa or tourist

There is very simple answer to all of this. If the OP goes to web site for the Royal Thai Embassy in Canberra.

Then to the Visa section, Put in your passport country,then you can find the information.

The issue would be that if you where in Pakistan it is different to being in Australia and having a resident status here.

You can ask for information for the Embassy, I have in the pass asked a question via the web site and got a prompt supply. I would no advise trying to call them. The embassy will be close on Monday for a Public Holiday

Chok Dee

Chok dee

Reply to: Thailand transit visa or tourist
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted