We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

which hotel?? Chaweng Garden or Samui Paradise Chaweng-

Vancouver, WA
Level Contributor
29 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
which hotel?? Chaweng Garden or Samui Paradise Chaweng-

My husband and I are planning a trip to Thailand to celebrate our 30th anniversary. I am looking for a charming hotel (traditional decor) with a nice pool that has beachfront rooms/bungalows. I originally chose Chaweng Garden (Grand bungalow beachside) but I have read that it has a garden view- It's not clear how close it is to the beach. On the other hand, the Samui Paradise option has several reviews that refer to bungalows close to the beach (not sure which room to choose though), Again though, I only see garden views for this hotel, no sea view rooms. My concern with a garden view room is that it will be really dark inside. Also for both it seems like the porches on the bungalows only have a view of the neighboring bungalow is this correct?

OK- just a couple more questions!! Which beach is nicer? And are the pools open late or do they close in the early evening?

Hopefully someone is familiar with both of these hotels and can give me the inside scoop! thanks in advance!!

Mentioned in this post
Chaweng Garden Beach Resort
Chaweng Garden Beach...
724 Reviews
Chaweng, Thailand
Samui Paradise Chaweng Beach Resort & Spa
Samui Paradise Chaweng...
529 Reviews
Chaweng, Thailand
1 reply
Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
10,041 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: which hotel?? Chaweng Garden or Samui Paradise Chaweng-

I have stayed in Samui Paradise many years ago. Our room had an outdoor jacuzzi on the porch with the waterline some tens of meters away with the sea view obstructed only by some palm trees. They may have reworked the room categories since then but the room descriptions on booking.com state clearly if there is a sea view; if it is not clear I interpret that to mean that there is not a sea view.

You pay quite a bit extra for the sea view in Samui Paradise. Its section of the beach was away from the buzz of central Chaweng but the walking distance to offsite restaurants and other services was not bad at all.

I have not stayed in Chaweng Garden but it looks like a more budget-friendly option much closer to the party scene with Ark Bar nearby.

Mentioned in this post
Samui Paradise Chaweng Beach Resort & Spa
Samui Paradise Chaweng...
529 Reviews
Chaweng, Thailand
Chaweng Garden Beach Resort
Chaweng Garden Beach...
724 Reviews
Chaweng, Thailand
Ark Bar Beach Resort
Ark Bar Beach Resort
1,625 Reviews