We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Koh Samui Clothing Prices

Gosport, United...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Koh Samui Clothing Prices

Hello,

I am travelling to Koh Samui soon and would like to know how much clothing costs out there.

Im not into anything fashionable just they day to day stuff like shirt shorts and the like.

The idea was to save baggage space and buy cheap out there, if this is a terrible idea please let me know.

Thank you very much

If you need more details just ask and I'll let you know.

Mentioned in this post
Samui Beach Resort
Samui Beach Resort
462 Reviews
Lamai Beach, Thailand
2 replies to this topic
Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
3,527 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Koh Samui Clothing Prices

T shirts usually cost between 150 and 500 baht ,(about £4 to £ 12), so about the same as in a UK Tesco. But you can get even cheaper in UK at Primark where the cheap T shirts are £2 or £2.50p. I have bought pairs of shorts in Thailand for various prices from 60 baht in a market to 300 baht in more expensive places. Department stores may even charge up to 1000 baht, so there is a great deal of price difference depending where you shop. Most small shops selling tourist stuff in Koh Samui are ok with bargaining, and you can often get a reduction if you buy two or more items. Tesco Lotus, which is the Thai version of Tesco has cheap shirts from about 100 baht up but probably most about 250 baht. Try stuff on before buying because Thai size labelling is completely different from UK labeling. For example last year I bought some 34 inch waist shorts, which were labelled XXL. Some clothes in Thailand are labelled " free size" which just means only made in one size.If you want shirts advertising various Thai beers, Red Bull etc or souvenir type ones with dragons, temples, tuk tuks , Muay Thai boxers or with jokes these are common everywhere in places selling to tourists.

Mentioned in this post
Samui Beach Resort
Samui Beach Resort
462 Reviews
Lamai Beach, Thailand
Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,963 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Koh Samui Clothing Prices

Tesco or Big C on Samui, prices are the same in these stores across Thailand.

In the malls where these stores are located you'll find stores with clothes, generally a bit more expensive perhaps slightly better quality.

There is a Tesco in both Bophut/Chawang area and Lamai. Big C only in Bophut.

Price ranges quoted above are about right!

Mentioned in this post
Samui Beach Resort
Samui Beach Resort
462 Reviews
Lamai Beach, Thailand
Bophut
Bophut
Ko Samui, Thailand
Lamai Beach
Lamai Beach
Maret, Thailand
Reply to: Koh Samui Clothing Prices