We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do the red post boxes accept padded envelopes?

Sacramento...
2 posts
Save Topic
Do the red post boxes accept padded envelopes?

I can't ask Thailand Post, because I'm not in Thailand and my calling plan doesn't allow calls to Thailand, plus their email address isn't working. I just need someone to tell me if I can put in padded envelopes and not only regular envelopes.

Mentioned in this post
4 replies to this topic
Chiang Khong...
Level Contributor
5,684 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Do the red post boxes accept padded envelopes?

Hi

You can probably put in any thing that will fit thru the little door. I would think the red boxes are mostly for local or domestic mail. If mailing international I would go into post office Most of the post boxes I have seen have been near a post office

Edited: 11 June 2018, 23:06
Sacramento...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Do the red post boxes accept padded envelopes?

Someone on tripadvisor said "On the red post boxes you will see two slots. Put your cards in the 'other places' and off they go to the UK." So the slot can be used to send postcards internationally but not padded envelopes?

Prachuap Khiri...
Level Contributor
7,424 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Do the red post boxes accept padded envelopes?

Are you the same person that asked this before ?

If so, what didn't you understand the first time ?

If not, doubtful, then disregard this reply.

ID is needed to post something, the red box, as stated, are usually outside PO, which you'll need to go into for stamps anyway, so simply post from inside. Sounds like someone wants do send something they are not allowed to, with false return address and name.

If I was a suspicious person.....LOL

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
613 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Do the red post boxes accept padded envelopes?

2# that's only in Bangkok, there's a slot for Bangkok addresses and there's a slot for 'other places'.

As a tourist in 99% of cases if you want to send something you go inside the post office, you don't use the post boxes unless you are sure you know exactly what it is supposed to cost and have the correct stamps to affix.

Mentioned in this post
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Reply to: Do the red post boxes accept padded envelopes?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted