We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Medication approval

Toronto, Canada
6 posts
Save Topic
Medication approval

Does anyone know anything about this? I take pain medication for a serious back condition and another controlled medication for a pituitary problem. I called the embassy for info and they couldn’t tell me anything other than it’s ‘hard’. If I can’t bring these meds I’ll prob have to change my flight to somewhere else....

3 replies to this topic
Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
2,486 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Medication approval

As far as I am aware it is not "hard" (this is not from personal experience though), follow the procedure under the check the drug button on the site linked below and I believe it takes you through the steps needed to get a permit for your meds.

http://permitfortraveler.fda.moph.go.th/

Toronto, Canada
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Medication approval

Thanks!!

Mildura, Australia
Level Contributor
4,666 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Medication approval

I have used the process noted in the link above and it was pretty straightforward. I have been going to my doctor for 20 years so he is helpful when it comes to writing letters etc. Last time I typed up a letter giving all the information required (reason for use, quantities, personal use etc) and he stamped and signed it.

I submitted the documents through the website and had my permit back within 10 days. They were helpful with enquiries via email too.

Reply to: Medication approval
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted