We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Face Bangkok

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
178 posts
157 reviews
Save Topic
Face Bangkok

We have one day in Bangkok enroute to Copenhagen and would like to have a nice dinner before boarding our onward flight. I am thinking Lan Na Thai @ Face Bangkok but remember reading somewhere that this place was permanently closed.

Can someone verify this or confirm that they are still in business. Otherwise can someone provide some recommendations. We are looking to have dinner in any restaurant that is housed in an old teakwood mansion.

Thank you in advance for your kind advice and recommendations,

Michael Loh, Singapore

Mentioned in this post
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Lan Na Thai
Lan Na Thai
61 Reviews
Bangkok, Thailand
Face Bangkok
Face Bangkok
584 Reviews
Bangkok, Thailand
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
9 replies to this topic
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
11,117 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Face Bangkok

66 2 713 6048

Give them a call

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
128 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Face Bangkok

http://www.nailertparkheritagehome.com

The above property might suit you as there is the beautiful, teak house and also two restaurants on the property.

I have eaten at Face, twice, and it's OK, but I have no desire to return. I have not eaten at the above Nailert Park restaurants. I'll try them on the next trip as I've been vacationing in Bangkok for 19 years now and always have a lot of restaurants on my list to try during my 3 weeks there.

Happy Travels!

Mentioned in this post
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Prachuap Khiri...
Level Contributor
7,451 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Face Bangkok

May be correct, as stated on Google map and FB. On their website, 2 month old post 'looking for new location' with no update. All reviews and mentions over 2 months old.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
178 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Face Bangkok

Dear Loki_UAV,

Thank you. Much appreciated.

Edited: 13 June 2018, 09:06
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
178 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Face Bangkok

Dear Guenmai2014

Many thanks for your suggestion. I will check their website and this definitely will be a good alternative. Btw, is this anywhere near the old Nailert Park Hotel along Wireless Road?

With appreciation, Michael Loh

Prachuap Khiri...
Level Contributor
7,451 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Face Bangkok

#2 .... do you have to pay the 1000 baht for tourist (Thais 500 baht) entrance fee to dine at the restaurants ?

Edited: 13 June 2018, 11:20
Ireland
Level Contributor
4,608 posts
512 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Face Bangkok

Breeze at the Dome @lebua. Excellent

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
128 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Face Bangkok

"Dear Guenmai2014

Many thanks for your suggestion. I will check their website and this definitely will be a good alternative. Btw, is this anywhere near the old Nailert Park Hotel along Wireless Road?

With appreciation, Michael Loh"

Off the top of my head, I'm not sure as I don't remember where the Nailert Park Hotel is.

Below is where my Thai friends and I have eaten regularly for many years. Some locations closed and then others opened so I've eaten at different ones over the years and it's nowhere near as expensive as Face and a lot more fun.

Thai friends and I just ate at the one in Silom in January 2018 and that one has a really nice, outside garden. Then, there's the gorgeous one in Sukhumvit, but that I haven't tried yet. I eat regularly at the one in Central World Mall as it's walking distance from where I stay. But, I plan to try the Sukhumvit one on the 2018/2019 trip.

http://www.kalpapruekrestaurant.com

Happy Travels!

Edited: 14 June 2018, 07:48
Mentioned in this post
Sukhumvit
Sukhumvit
1,870 Reviews
Bangkok, Thailand
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
128 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Face Bangkok

I forgot to add that the one at Sukhumvit 39 is housed in a house-type structure. They used to have a beautiful photo of it on their website, but I don't see it anymore. But, below you can see it a bit from trip advisor photos. They have the best cake there and I'm not even a real cake person. But, that Coffee Genoise one is fabulous. I also like their regular food and there's a lot of choice.

Hope this has helped.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g293916-d12598704-Reviews-Kalpapruek-Bangkok.html#photos;aggregationId=101&albumid=101&filter=7

Happy Travels!

Mentioned in this post
Sukhumvit
Sukhumvit
1,870 Reviews
Bangkok, Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Reply to: Face Bangkok
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted