We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Latestays.com -- reliable?

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
152 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Latestays.com -- reliable?

I have seen some good offers on Latestays.com for my forthcoming trip to Phuket/Krabi.

its the first time I'm checking this website - we pay them an advance and the rest is paid to the hotel.

My question: Is this a reliable site, what is the experience of people who have booked thru this site?

Appreciate some help. Thanks!

Finland
Level Contributor
3 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Latestays.com -- reliable?

Anyone? I'm considering latestays.com as wel...

Port Elizabeth...
Level Contributor
515 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Latestays.com -- reliable?

We used Latestays in December 2006 for our hotel in Bangkok and everything worked well, the hotel had our booking, so no problems then.

Antipodes
Level Contributor
9,919 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Latestays.com -- reliable?

Absolutely reliable, only taking a smallish 10% (or so) deposit up front and the balance paid to the hotel at check-in or check-out (depending on the hotel).

Some other bookers worth checking rates with listed here;

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g293915-c121265/Thail…

Finland
Level Contributor
3 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Latestays.com -- reliable?

Thanks for the answers! :o)

Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Latestays.com -- reliable?

hi!

i have just booked some of my accommodation places for our trip in november through third party sites such as latestays.

i find its always a good idea to email your reservations manager at the hotel you've made a booking at just to make sure they've received your reservation from the third party site. then if not you can promptly follow it up with the third party booking site's customer service team. always best to sort these thing out sooner rather than later i find.

anyway could be worth it if you want the extra peace of mind :)

Antipodes
Level Contributor
9,919 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Latestays.com -- reliable?

While it doesn't hurt to "check" don't be too alarmed if the hotel have NO IDEA what you're talking about.

Some bookers take a block of rooms, and (in case of cancellation) don't actually inform the hotel of the "guests names" until very close to the date.

Kuoni (for example), actually address this on their confirmation email text as follows;

"Your reservation will be held at the hotel in the name of "Kuoni".

The hotel will be given the name(s) of the guest(s) 3 days before the check-in date.

Therefore, if you contact the hotel before that time, the hotel will not be able to confirm that you have a reservation.

Geneva, Switzerland
Level Contributor
2 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Latestays.com -- reliable?

we have used several time this site, mainly in thailand it is reliable indeed.

8. Re: Latestays.com -- reliable?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 May 2011, 14:16