We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cost of drinks?

Greater London...
3 posts
Save Topic
Cost of drinks?

Can anyone give me the average price of a large beer please.

4 replies to this topic
Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
359 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cost of drinks?

In restaurants i paid between 90 - 160 baht on my Feb 18 trip for a large bottled beer. Supermarket 45 - 65baht for the same bottle

Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
3,527 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cost of drinks?

It depends on the beer and also the type of bar. Generally the cheapest beers are Chang and Leo. Slightly more expensive are Tiger and Singha. The most expensive is Heineken. These are ones you will get in bars and restaurants.

In 7- eleven shops you will also find an even cheaper one called Archa with a picture of a horse on the label.Archa is a couple of baht cheaper than Chang and Leo, but you rarely see it in bars.Prices are as stated in the last post.

Bars with airconditioning or restaurants with western food or posher interior will usually charge higher prices for beer than outdoor places with plastic chairs where locals drink. Bars with lots of pretty ladies serving, dressed in skimpy clothes or pole dancing will also usually be more expensive than bars without.

Greater London...
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Cost of drinks?

Excellent. My husband is happy with that. Thank you

Greater London...
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Cost of drinks?

Thank you for all the beer recommendations. We’ll be sure to stay away from the pretty pole dancers

Reply to: Cost of drinks?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted