We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel budget 705 Baht or 21 USD

2 posts
Save Topic
Hotel budget 705 Baht or 21 USD

Hi guys, I will have honeymoon budget trip next month and will spend only 1 night in Bangkok.

need your advise for hotel with budget under 705 Baht or 21 USD. easy access to Cathucak/MBK/Khaosan road/any other shopping spot.

thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Mbk
Mbk
174 Reviews
Bangkok, Thailand
31 replies to this topic
Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
8,723 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel budget 705 Baht or 21 USD

I suggest you look at site like booking.com and use your budget to refine you search.

Chok Dee

Edited: 22 June 2018, 12:26
Level Contributor
16 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel budget 705 Baht or 21 USD

You can try a hostel in Nana area. They have a dorm style and a private room. Jellybean The Blocks Very near to BTS skytrain station.

Mentioned in this post
Nana Hotel
Nana Hotel
812 Reviews
Bangkok, Thailand
BTS Skytrain
BTS Skytrain
42,637 Reviews
Bangkok, Thailand
Yorkshire, United...
Level Contributor
3,677 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel budget 705 Baht or 21 USD

Banglamphu or around the Khao Sans Rd area houses Bangkok's more budget type accommodation and is certainly more suitable for a honeymoon than the seedy Nana area. Also get more "bang for your buck" in this area with bar, hotel and restaurant prices.

Mentioned in this post
Banglamphu
Banglamphu
83 Reviews
Bangkok, Thailand
Nana Hotel
Nana Hotel
812 Reviews
Bangkok, Thailand
Prachuap Khiri...
Level Contributor
7,436 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel budget 705 Baht or 21 USD

You're query is a bit vague 'other shopping spot', but look below, and read the preview of listing, as many on first couple pages will be hostels / bed, not rooms. You don't state, but most save shopping for end of trip, so not to carry purchases along the journey.

Start here: https://goo.gl/wwucpW

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
17,588 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel budget 705 Baht or 21 USD

For only one night and on a honeymoon too I would up the price a little bit! I am a cheapskate but for another honeymoon even I would spend a few dollars more!

Bangkok is a big city. Chatuchak (WEEKEND) market, MBK, Siam and Pratunam shopping have cheap rail service not too far away. No rail service from KSR area.

Yes, very vague question. What airport do you arrive at? What time do you arrive? If Suvarnabhumi during day hours up to midnight there is cheap rail service. For Don Muang there are quite a few posts for information on transportation from that airport. If you arrive during the middle of the night or really early morning you have fewer transportation options. (Also you are charged hotel use from around noon - 2 pm one day to noon the next day.)

Ima I - 1 post.

Come back with more information. Often with one post there usually hasn't been a lot of other research for how to use meter taxis, change money, scams to avoid, hotel suggestions, etc.

Pratunam area. Walk to shopping, walk to Rail Link or Skytrain, walk to restaurants, etc. Makkasan Inn? A little higher but you save money not needing taxis for everything. Use taxi to KSR (Khao San Road) area.

https://www.makkasaninnbangkok.com/

Bangkok is a big city, you can not walk to everything in a single day, make the most out of what you can do.

Up to you.

Edit. Where do you go from Bangkok?

Edited: 22 June 2018, 19:54
Mentioned in this post
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Chatuchak Weekend Market
Chatuchak Weekend Market
14,406 Reviews
Bangkok, Thailand
Mbk
Mbk
174 Reviews
Bangkok, Thailand
The Siam
The Siam
747 Reviews
Bangkok, Thailand
Don Muang Airport
Don Muang Airport
Bangkok, Thailand
Khao San Road
Khao San Road
11,629 Reviews
Bangkok, Thailand
Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
22,655 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel budget 705 Baht or 21 USD

Hi Ima and welcome to Trip Advisor

Please be aware that Thailand is no longer a cheap destination. Because you have such a very tight budget, it might be best for you to find a place closer to your home for your honeymoon, which is a very special occasion.

You haven’t said where you live so we can’t make any alternative suggestions, but honestly if your budget is that small, I can’t see that you’d have a very good time in Thailand.

Mentioned in this post
Prachuap Khiri...
Level Contributor
7,436 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel budget 705 Baht or 21 USD

Posters, it's only one night in Bangkok, so obviously just a pit stop, maybe at the end of the honeymoon, which was elsewhere, possibly not even Thailand.

Really no need to splurge, up budget on a pit stop, when can save for when settled in, actually 'honeymooning'.

Very little info shared, so hard to make judgements.

Mentioned in this post
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Chiang Khong...
Level Contributor
5,686 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel budget 705 Baht or 21 USD

Hi

I agree it is a tiny budget for a honeymoon.

But people have a great time on less. To say that you can't have a good time on that budget is elitist.

I am sure most young backpackers have a better time than some of the old picky people who are spending thousands for a room than complain about paying 50 baht extra for a taxi

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
11,122 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel budget 705 Baht or 21 USD

sawadeeka

"I am sure most young backpackers have a better time than some of the old picky people who are spending thousands for a room than complain about paying 50 baht extra for a taxi"

I agree with you completely with the caveat that not ALL old people (I would say I am old) are picky and not all picky people are old (I know some very picky youngsters). Not ALL backpackers are young :-)

Edited: 22 June 2018, 22:09
Hobart, Australia
Level Contributor
2,423 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel budget 705 Baht or 21 USD

I don't think it is being elitist at all - sleeping in bunk beds in a dorm is not exactly honeymoon material, even for one night. I think people are merely suggesting to up the budget a bit to find an appropriate room. I mean, if they are going to go shopping that suggests a bit more funds is actually available?

Even going up a little bit to around 1000 baht should get an actual private double room with a/c and a hot shower.

Reply to: Hotel budget 705 Baht or 21 USD
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted