We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

seafood buffet for under 200 or 250 baht in bangkok?

Seoul, South Korea
Level Contributor
30 posts
1 review
seafood buffet for under 200 or 250 baht in bangkok?

Im tryiqng to find a buffet that is somewhere in the vicinity of 200 to 250 baht near the pratnum market or lat phrao area. Thanks

16 replies to this topic
Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,575 posts
18 reviews
1. Re: seafood buffet for under 200 or 250 baht in bangkok?

That sounds way too cheap.

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
18,575 posts
2. Re: seafood buffet for under 200 or 250 baht in bangkok?

Not this place!

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g29391…

Halesowen, United...
Level Contributor
240 posts
13 reviews
3. Re: seafood buffet for under 200 or 250 baht in bangkok?

Good Luck!!

If you find one please let us all know!

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
144 posts
38 reviews
4. Re: seafood buffet for under 200 or 250 baht in bangkok?

i assure you if you find any seafood place at that price range,you'd be lucky to escape with just stomach ache

go up 3x your budget and you'd find yakiniku and hotel buffets serving crabs,prawns,mussels and maybe even oysters

South Pole
Level Contributor
482 posts
5. Re: seafood buffet for under 200 or 250 baht in bangkok?

U can find 2 in Lhad Phrao. 8 years ago was 110. Last we went been over 5 years. Rubbish moo kata places. Seafood will be clams shrimp squid and some kind of fish.

If I knew u were gonna b going to Lhad Phrao I woulda answered your other post about cheap lodging. 400-600 a night.

Rawai, Thailand
Level Contributor
2,184 posts
31 reviews
6. Re: seafood buffet for under 200 or 250 baht in bangkok?

Have you read somewhere that Thailand is a cheap destination, by any chance??😂

At that price, you’ll get pork innards and chicken feet!

If there’s ANY food outlet where you need to take care and spend properly, it’s ‘buffets’.

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
2,902 posts
1 review
7. Re: seafood buffet for under 200 or 250 baht in bangkok?

To get anywhere near that price you are looking for moo kata, and even then the "upgrade" to seafood takes the 150-250 Baht price per person above 300-400 Baht.

South Pole
Level Contributor
482 posts
8. Re: seafood buffet for under 200 or 250 baht in bangkok?

My post I left out it was 150 baht last we went. All inclusive even ice cream. Only upgrade I've seen to seafood is delivery. Still the pork is better. They catch u with drinks and if going alone not fun. Yeah u need to up that price. There is a Korean one in lhad phrao. Never been cant tell u the name cause it's in Korean on a lighted yellow sign board. Unless Staying close by then add in travel expenses.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,904 posts
9. Re: seafood buffet for under 200 or 250 baht in bangkok?

Is OP not talking about moo krata? That is a seafood buffet, after all.

I never spend any time in the area mentioned but in Phra Khanong/Onnut sort of area there are lots of seafood buffets for around about 250 baht, but that doesn't usually include drinks, and the one I use surcharges 30 baht unless you are 3+ people, so total price usually works out at 630 baht for 2 people - 315 each. That's for as much seafood (big prawns, mussels, shellfish, fish, crabs, clams) as you can eat as well as unlimited soft drinks, unlimited icecream, and all the other usual moo krata side dishes and meat cuts. Name for that is SD BBQ on Sukhumvit 71.

Not Bangkok but in Bang Sean there are Moo Krata places near the university starting at 130 baht including drinks and icecream (but no prawns and a smaller selection of side dishes). In Koh Chang there was a 99 baht moo krata place, it didn't last very long but I've seen 99 baht places elsewhere too.

Prachuap Khiri...
Level Contributor
8,544 posts
91 reviews
10. Re: seafood buffet for under 200 or 250 baht in bangkok?

Sometimes you do, get what you pay for. I'd rather spend 200-250 on a menu item I actually wanted, instead of the crap they would offer, at a buffet that inexpensive.

Along with the risk of an intestinal disorder. Or the transportation cost to / fro.

You can't buy quality seafood at that price in the store, and cook yourself. Although you can get a whole bbq'd fish and a side or 2, at a food vendor / night market.

Edited: 06 September 2018, 14:09
Reply to: seafood buffet for under 200 or 250 baht in bangkok?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted