We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what to to do for new year's eve in bangkok?

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
24 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
what to to do for new year's eve in bangkok?

Anyone have any suggestions? We're a couple in our late 30s, arriving in Bangkok on December 28th from Canada. We're staying at a riverfront hotel (Shangri-La) and will be in Bangkok over new year's eve. I've heard it's a fantastic place to spend the new year (even though I know the lunar New Year in early Feb. may be a bigger deal for non-tourists). Does anyone have any suggestions about what to do?

I know the Shangri-la and other hotels have events with dinner, but I was wondering if there is anything else that you would recommend? We're not really into the club scene any more so no need for a massive noisy party, but would love to hear from anyone who has been there and has suggestions!

Thanks so much . .

Cambridge,UK
Level Contributor
320 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: what to to do for new year's eve in bangkok?

There's always a great atmosphere at Central Plaza and crowds gather to count down to midnight.Last year celebrations were cancelled due to terrorist activity and although not likely this year you may feel safer staying at the Shangri-La and enjoying the fireworks...

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,673 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: what to to do for new year's eve in bangkok?

AFAIK The gala dinner in the Shangri-La is not optional as far as paying is concerned, you will be billed whether you attend on not.

Agree CWP is the place to be, huge road closed off for the night. One big party.

You will be able to watch the fireworks from the Shangri-La over the river.

3. Re: what to to do for new year's eve in bangkok?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2009, 06:16