We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bangkok to Kwai Bridge

London
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Bangkok to Kwai Bridge

Anyone know the quickest way from Bangkok?

Don't want to spend that long there.

Want to go early morning and be back mid afternoon if possible..

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
277 posts
12 reviews
1. Re: Bangkok to Kwai Bridge

Quickest way is to hire a car and driver. Most people go for the full day and take in Bridge and perhaps elephant camp, wild monkeys, lunch and the Tiger temple.

Burton upon Trent...
Level Contributor
48 posts
5 reviews
2. Re: Bangkok to Kwai Bridge

it takes approx 2 1/2 hours to get to the bridge,i would recomend that you go and see tiger temple aswell its excellent.i booked with hellfire pass on a private tour.pick up was 8.30 an retured to bangkok approx 5.45 paid extra for limo car well worth extra.

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
18,533 posts
3. Re: Bangkok to Kwai Bridge

I know that you want to "go quick" but it is a little bit of a ride to get there. There are "single day" tours that travel agencies have. The tour company picks you up at your hotel and returns you there at the end of the day.

You can also check on the train schedule.

Quickest way is to hire private transportation. You can check on private transportation at a travel agency.

Good luck.

uk
Level Contributor
48 posts
61 reviews
4. Re: Bangkok to Kwai Bridge

we have just came back from bangkok this morning

while we were there we did the river kwai and also tiger temple with jan and her husband mike

2,500 for 4 us of us plus petrol

and dinner for us all

7 of us and it only cost 600 baht total

4000 total = £60

it costs that for one person with some tour operators

Biggin Hill Kent
Level Contributor
35 posts
1 review
5. Re: Bangkok to Kwai Bridge

Really a question for culrosschris.

Who is Jan that you did your tour to Kwai with? Sounds a perfect option for touring with. My friend and I (both 55 year old widows)are planning to go to Thailand in March next year and we havnt got a clue about where to go. She is desperate to see the Kwai bridge because her late husband used to tell her and her kids the stories of it. So I imagine we will have to start our trip from Bankok. I would like to do a week seeing places and a week on the beach or even a couple of beaches, real nice ones. Any sujestions of where to start and Jans web site or information would be a great help.

Thank you

moopy4

Mandurah, Australia
Level Contributor
1,488 posts
58 reviews
6. Re: Bangkok to Kwai Bridge

I too would like a link for Jan and her tour.

7. Re: Bangkok to Kwai Bridge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2009, 05:18