We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel to pattaya

Calcutta
Level Contributor
298 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Travel to pattaya

Ok guys i know this has been asked before, but i need to know the best way to get to pattaya from the airport. Problem being we are 4 adults and i've read that taxis / prepaid cars take 3 adults. The alternative is a minivan type car which is way too expensive IMO. Any ideas for transportation for 4 adults? I don't really want to take a bus either.

Thanks!

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,864 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel to pattaya

The only alternative I can see for you is the airport limo service, but that will be the most expensive option of all. If you can't consider a bus (such as the very good Bell Travel Service bus) then you are out of options.

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
23,211 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel to pattaya

What's wrong with taking the perfectly good bus service for four adults ?

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Air Travel, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,760 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel to pattaya

Hi,

I'm +1 for the regular scheduled bus services-- like Cherd Chai-- that run from the Airport (TC) to Pattaya.. Reliable and very cost effective.

Travel Safe,

Edited: 29 November 2011, 22:46
Calcutta
Level Contributor
298 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel to pattaya

Thanks for the replies guys the reason we don't want a bus is that one of us has a slight back problem and a 2-3 hr journey (i presume) could be a concern. I'll check up on the buses, though and decide.

india
Level Contributor
452 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel to pattaya

if bus is not an option take a innova from the airport cost around 1800 bahts one way incl tolls

Calcutta
Level Contributor
298 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel to pattaya

bacardi, is the innova available at the airport or does it need to be pre-hired? can you give the contact details for that? Thanks!

And another thing - Is it a good idea to think about renting a car at the airport and driving it down? My hotel provides parking but i have no idea about the road conditions and whether it will be easy to navigate. Just a thought that occurred to me

7. Re: Travel to pattaya

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2013, 02:17