We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Van metered taxi from airport

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
38 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
Van metered taxi from airport

How common/easy is it to get a van metered taxi from the airport? We're going to be arriving on a Sunday evening - 5 of us, so a sedan taxi won't cut it. Just trying to work out if it's easy to go for a public taxi, or if we'll need to grab a "limousine" service.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,160 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Van metered taxi from airport

Just take 2 taxis, that would be the easiest, and that way the luggage won't be a problem either.

Alan

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,864 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Van metered taxi from airport

You might have to wait a short time for a van type taxi to be available. The airport limo desk is in the arrivals hall.

suvarnabhumiairport.com/to_from_limousine_en…

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
38 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Van metered taxi from airport

Forgot to say we're 2 adults and 3 kids - my wife's first time overseas. So I think I might just stump up for the airport limo service so my wife doesn't freak out with us being separated as her first international experience :-)

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,160 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Van metered taxi from airport

You could always put the 3 kids into one taxi, and then you could travel with your wife in the other! I'm not sure the cabbie would be too pleased having the kids though.

Hope you all have agood holiday.

Alan

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
38 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Van metered taxi from airport

I like your thinking Alan. Cabbie might not be happy, but I'd get to start the holiday with a break from the kids!

On second thoughts, the added stressing of my wife in that scenario would be no break ;-)

6. Re: Van metered taxi from airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2013, 07:15