We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice on Internal Flights

South Australia
Level Contributor
379 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Advice on Internal Flights

Hi all, I think I've finally decided on the itinerary for next April. HCMC - Da Lat - Hoi An - HCMC. I've been looking at internal flights, Skyscanner, Jetcost, VietJet and FlyVietnam and it seems VietJet is by far the cheapest, however I can't book flights that far in advance. Does this sound correct or is there something I'm missing? I can book through FlyVietnam now but its a bit more expensive. I want to go ahead and book accommodation now, so am I safe leaving the flights and booking in a few months time with VietJet or should I do it now to make sure I'm getting what I want?

Any tips greatly appreciated thank you :)

Mentioned in this post
Da Lat
Da Lat
Lam Dong Province, Vietnam
Hoi An
Hoi An
Quang Nam Province, Vietnam
4 replies to this topic
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Vietnam
Level Contributor
9,358 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice on Internal Flights

First off, only book flights through the airline's official websites.

You have three choices - Vietnam Airlines, Vietjet and Jetstar.

I haven't flown with Jetstar, (not the same company as Australia's Jetstar) but have happily used the other two.

Second, l wouldn't be looking to book flights until around January.

You won't have any issues at all booking two to three months out.

Scott

Mentioned in this post
South Australia
Level Contributor
379 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice on Internal Flights

Thank you Scott, I've heard bad things about Jetstar so will stick with the other two. Exactly the advice I was after :)

newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
12,446 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice on Internal Flights

Strangely, it seems booking flights closer to the date of travel is actually cheaper in Vietnam, something I've never come across before. Not sure why this is ?

I'm going in Jan 2019, and am just keeping an eye of the flight prices I want now, and resisitng the urge to book now as I would normally do

Mentioned in this post
Level Contributor
893 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Advice on Internal Flights

I book the cheapest flights 3 to 5 days prior, I still manage to get cheap flights.

Reply to: Advice on Internal Flights
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted