We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

US passport Visa from the consulate NYC

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
61 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
US passport Visa from the consulate NYC

Just wanted to share my experience in obtaining a single entry visa at the consulate. First, when I approached the window, I stated that I am bringing paperwork for the visa, and would like to know how much a single entry visa costs.

The worker did not look up, but said he needs to see my documents first... [first hint that visa “processing fee” is arbitrary]... actually second hint- as the cost is not stated on the website.

Anyway, after looking at my partners paperwork and passports - he said “single entry? $80 each”.

I did not want to leave our passports at the consulate, so he asked me for the second passport foto (after I already gave him the check), I said I did not have extra passport photos on me. He gave me a receipt and said to come back in 3 business days.

Anyway, that price seems like a rip off for a single entry from what I am reading now. So delighted to be ripped off before stepping foot there.

I don’t know what others’ experiences are. In retrospect, I would have gone with visa on arrival and gotten a letter from a travel agent or hotel or whatever. Happy Travels!

1 reply
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
5,634 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: US passport Visa from the consulate NYC

Consulate visas and VOA are old hat. If you had of come here first or researched on google, you could have learned that EVISA is becoming the norm and only cost $25.

Reply to: US passport Visa from the consulate NYC
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted