We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Entering Vietnam before eVisa arrives.

Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Entering Vietnam before eVisa arrives.

I applied online for an evisa, it's supposed to take up to three working days but it's been that now and I haven't received the visa. My flight leaves on Monday. As I'm a UK citizen I can go there visa-free for up to 15 days. Can I enter without my eVisa, and then providing it's approved okay later, stay for up to 30 days?

4 replies to this topic
UK
Level Contributor
3,012 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Entering Vietnam before eVisa arrives.

No.

You would need to leave the country and return.

Also be very careful. If you don't have a visa story that satisfies the airline you will be denied boarding and not allowed to fly.

I'd either book transport out of Vietnam before 15 days and use the visa waiver OR (preferred) get an urgent pre-approved 'VOA' letter.

Once you are in Vietnam, you can pay to 'extend' your visa waiver into a visa, but not cheap and not a good use of your time.

I'd get a visa letter..

Mentioned in this post
2. Re: Entering Vietnam before eVisa arrives.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 09 June 2018, 23:17

Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Entering Vietnam before eVisa arrives.

Thanks for the reply, I thought so but just wanted to make sure. If it doesn't come through by Monday morning I'll call the immigration office, and if they can't help, I'll pay extra to get a Visa on Arrival processed urgently on the same day.

London
Destination Expert
for Salta
Level Contributor
3,813 posts
288 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Entering Vietnam before eVisa arrives.

They don’t notify you when they issue the EVisa, so you need to keep checking the website. I have applied for several and they always seem to take longer over the weekend. Last time I applied for mine which arrived in 24 hours, my wife’s, applied for minutes later took another three days! For peace of mind I would apply for a VOA now. If evisa is issued you can still use it and not pay the stamping fee required for the VOA

Reply to: Entering Vietnam before eVisa arrives.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted