We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dam Sen Waterpark Height Restrictions

Cannock
Level Contributor
19 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Dam Sen Waterpark Height Restrictions

Hi all,

We are going to HCMC soon and want to spend half a day at the Dam Sen waterpark to break up the other touristy stuff in the inevitable heat.

However, I've read that they are quite strict with height restrictions. Our son is 1,30m, does that mean he can't go on any of the bigger slides? Or is it just a few that have a restriction of 1,40m?

I can't find any info on the website, but the ones that look 'scarier' and he would like to join are:

Black Thunder

Kamikaze

Love Storm

Multi Slide

Tornado

Twister Max

Giant Slide

If these have 1,40m as restriction then he can basically just do the "boring" stuff (his words) and it wouldn't be fun, so we wouldn't go.

Any info appreciated on which slides are ok for his height.

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
4 replies to this topic
Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
8,793 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dam Sen Waterpark Height Restrictions

Dam Sen is quite popular. Like most rides around the world there are always height restrictions but yes, the heights are a little bit more strict then elsewhere. Think platform shoes! :-) Or a good stretch. Unfortunately, I suspect the scarier ones will be 1.4m

I haven't found anywhere that show a Dam Sen map in English but this Vietnam map shows coloured coded what heights apply for each ride - heights bottom left. http://www.congviendamsen.com/ban-do While searching I had to smile, as it seems I'm of an age to need relatives to take me to DamSen! Heaven forbid! I see it now also opens 7 days a week.

I can tell you at weekends, it gets packed out. Even more so if there is an event taking place. If the ice house is still there, certainly a good place to go wander.

Mentioned in this post
Victoria, Australia
Level Contributor
25 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dam Sen Waterpark Height Restrictions

Was there Monday last week. 5 very white Australians walking into a packed park of thousands of Asians, was quite funny. ( Teenage kids got the full rock star selfies with local kids) I think we got a bit of preferential treatment with rides and even though it was busy, didn't have to wait long. If he goes up with a parent and stands tall, should be right. Was a great day and very cheap.

Cannock
Level Contributor
19 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dam Sen Waterpark Height Restrictions

Thanks, both.

Bertie, it seems the map only shows the amusement park not the water park? But either way, quite a lot with 1,40 they really seem to be strict.

We are going on a weekday (in HCMC from Monday to Friday) and we are used to crowds and being 'attractions' ourselves since we live in China. The entrance is really cheap, isn't it? We might just go for one morning or afternoon and cool off even if it is on the 'boring' slides.

Mentioned in this post
Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
8,793 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dam Sen Waterpark Height Restrictions

Yes, the map of the actual water park doesn't tell you any info on heights at all. Even though it is colour coded It just shows you the layout really. I just zoomed in to get a better look at it.

I still think you would have quite a good time there. Just be aware of the midday sun though. Very easy to get sunburnt. And thinking about it, most Vietnamese might not qualify at a height of 1.4m.

Reply to: Dam Sen Waterpark Height Restrictions
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted