We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Tour Operator for Mekong Delta

Cannock
Level Contributor
19 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Best Tour Operator for Mekong Delta

Hi all,

We are in HCMC soon and want to go on a day trip along the Mekong Delta. Ideally it should include the Floating Market, maybe a cooking class and the Coconut Candy factory and beautiful scenery and villages along the river. Any respectable tour operators you can recommend? There are so many online, it's difficult to make a decision.

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
8 replies to this topic
Ben Tre, Vietnam
Level Contributor
1,949 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Tour Operator for Mekong Delta

If you would like to see the floating markets, head to Can Tho for overnight stay and do a boat ride next early morning.

Cannock
Level Contributor
19 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Tour Operator for Mekong Delta

Thanks, but we are limited with time so don't have time to go somewhere else. Any tours without floating market that are good? I'm more concerned about good tour operators, safety etc..

3. Re: Best Tour Operator for Mekong Delta

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 15 June 2018, 15:05

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
875 posts
270 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Tour Operator for Mekong Delta

we went with RealMekongDelta tours which were very good. We did the Real Mekong 1 day trip, but instead of returning to HCMC we got them to drop us at the bus depot at Mythos and we continued to Can Tho under our own steam by bus. The real mekong delta 1 day tour is aimed at authentic non touristy experiences, so no coconut candy visit or visit to Unicorn Island at all

Mentioned in this post
Mekong Lodge
Mekong Lodge
687 Reviews
Cai Be, Vietnam
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
5,378 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Tour Operator for Mekong Delta

Is this a day tour or overnighter? Because Can Tho is too far away for a day trip. I would got to Ben Tre for a day only trip, even then its a long day with a few hours of travel each way. Maybe a trip through the canals in the coconut plantations

There is coconut candy there too

https:/…googleg_lodp.ico

Edited: 15 June 2018, 15:34
Mentioned in this post
Ben Tre
Ben Tre
Ben Tre Province, Vietnam
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
5,378 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Tour Operator for Mekong Delta

https:/…20Delta.jpg

Level Contributor
5 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Tour Operator for Mekong Delta

Try Tour with Xuan we spent 3 days with him in April. He is very knowledgeable and extremely friendly would not hesitate to use him again.

California
Level Contributor
893 posts
350 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Tour Operator for Mekong Delta

I 1000% recommend Can Tho River Tour, and I looked around a lot. We found them in Can Tho, by the river, a very nice booth, clean, perfect English, incredible tour choices. They were one of the three best tour operators we have experienced, world-wide, so this recommendation comes highly, particularly for the guide Louis.

Here is the review I did of them and their contact info from just last month: https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-…

We did the half-day tour, but they have something like 12 different tours, some in the morning, some in the afternoon, all different, all really special.

I think if you look at the reviews, you'll see they are all pretty good, actually.

Reply to: Best Tour Operator for Mekong Delta
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted