We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can I ship artwork from Vietnam to Australia cheap

Brisbane, Australia
14 posts
Save Topic
Can I ship artwork from Vietnam to Australia cheap

Hi everyone!

About to head to Vietnam with a friend and I was wondering if there was any way (if I find anything I like) that I could mail back any artwork I find without it costing me an arm and a leg?

The only forums I can find are from 2011 so I don't know how accurate that information is.

Any help is appreciated!

Mentioned in this post
2 replies to this topic
Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
2,584 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can I ship artwork from Vietnam to Australia cheap

Ask for a quote where you intend to buy. Back in the 90's I had 200 kilos worth of lacquerware shipped. It wasn't too expensive. Don't ask, we shopped for several families. My wife was the first of her family to visit after Đổi Mới.

pacific palms
Destination Expert
for Mui Ne
Level Contributor
9,987 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can I ship artwork from Vietnam to Australia cheap

Your first port of call will be to Australian Customs to get an idea of materials allowable and effects of treatments that may be applied for such things as timber products etc.

Then you need to pack in bulletproof containers as they will get a rough time in transit.

Then you need to estimate postage costs and this can be handled by a visit to HCMC Post Office and get a rate sheet.

Allow up to 3 months for delivery and question whether there is Insurance available yet.

If you are thinking of buying bulky or heavy items be aware that you may not be able to use VN Post and then you will need to speak to a shipping agent in Australia who will put you in touch with a VN Agent.

Now this is where it gets interesting. The shipping cost of large items is the smallest cost. There is very little duty that will be applied by Australian Customs, but the dock handling charges and local transport costs will cost more than the item you bought.

I don't mean to frighten you but as I am an Importer of goods made in Vietnam to Australia, you do need to be aware of the possible costs.

If packed properly your goods should arrive in good condition.

Hope that helps.

Cheers Ross

Mentioned in this post
Reply to: Can I ship artwork from Vietnam to Australia cheap
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted