We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Vietnam safe to travel alone?

7 posts
Save Topic
Is Vietnam safe to travel alone?

I will going travel to vietnam next week for a solo. I have read the news about On Sunday evening, hundreds of demonstrators in Binh Thuan Province defied tear gas and fire hoses to storm the office of the People’s Committee. And really chaos, and much violence there because Vietnamase protests anti-china.

Is there somebody in Vietnam now?

How is it going today?

Please i need help info.

Regards,

Ina

Mentioned in this post
9 replies to this topic
Wirral
Level Contributor
780 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is Vietnam safe to travel alone?

Hi Ina.

If you stay in the tourist areas you will be fine ! I just spoke with my Vietnamese wife, and she assures me everything has calmed down now. :-) enjoy your trip !

regards

bb

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
14,674 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is Vietnam safe to travel alone?

I feel safer here than I do in my home country (USA) - most of the petty crime is in HCMC & Nha Trang.

Mentioned in this post
Nha Trang
Nha Trang
Khanh Hoa Province, Vietnam
7 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Is Vietnam safe to travel alone?

Thanks bb, for your writing and advise. I am so grateful. Nice to meet you! ❤️

7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Is Vietnam safe to travel alone?

Thanks JD for your writting. Let’s meet up there 👯‍♀️

Level Contributor
117 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is Vietnam safe to travel alone?

Yes, it is safe. As usual, the brutal cops have quelled the protests quickly.

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
1,148 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is Vietnam safe to travel alone?

Vietnam is exceptionally safe to travel alone. (What you have read about recent incidents is far from 'typical')

The crime tourists can encounter is theft in the cities. Particularly bag snatching and pickpockets. As long as you use common sense and don't show off valuables/money, you'll be fine.

Violence towards foreign visitors is extremely rare indeed and virtually unheard of in most of the country.

I've travelled solo in Vietnam three times so far and have experienced friendliness and a keen desire to help a visitor get around.

Mentioned in this post
12 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Is Vietnam safe to travel alone?

Hello Portsmouth, and welcome to Vietnam. Don't worry about the chaos. Everything has calmed down after that day. :)

Our country is always famous for peace and friendly, so freedomly enjoy your trip !

By the way, Which city are you going to visit on this trip and how long have you been in Vietnam? if you have any questions, i am willing to answer you asap.

have a goof trip !

Mentioned in this post
vietnam
Destination Expert
for Nha Trang
Level Contributor
6,631 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is Vietnam safe to travel alone?

Vietnam must be one of the safest countries to visit, solo or in a group. You will be fine. Enjoy.

Mentioned in this post
Wirral
Level Contributor
780 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Is Vietnam safe to travel alone?

Hi Ina.

Your welcome, I just hope you feel a little better about your visit. I class Vietnam as my "Home" although its going to be 5years before I can make the move 100% :-(

regards

bb

Mentioned in this post
Reply to: Is Vietnam safe to travel alone?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
;