We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Contacting Mrs Dung

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
456 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
Contacting Mrs Dung

Does anyone have an email for Mrs Dung and does anyone know if she organises car and driver even if you are not staying at Dream.

Australia
Level Contributor
1,550 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Contacting Mrs Dung

info@dreamshoteldalat.com

Although the Hotel was fantastic and Mrs Dung was fantastic, the tour she booked us was rubbish. The driver was uncooperative - refused to stop when we wanted (wouldn't even do toilet stops) took us where he wanted to take us for lunch (not where we asked to go).

It wasn't Mrs Dung's fault, the only point I'm making is that it doesn't really matter where you book the car and driver from, it's luck of the draw.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
456 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Contacting Mrs Dung

oh, I might just go with a tour, maybe sinhcafe, just trying to sort out where to go and what is worth seeing. Thought we might be able to see more in a short space of time. That was disappointing the whole point of hiring a driver is to go where you want and stop as long as you want.

Australia
Level Contributor
1,550 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Contacting Mrs Dung

Yeh unfortunately in Vietnam as well as other SE Asia countries, the driver will take you to the places they get a kick-back from. You have to be pretty firm with them sometimes, which unfortunately doesn't make for a pleasant drive! But, you might be lucky and get a good one!

Have fun!

Eindhoven, The...
Level Contributor
444 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Contacting Mrs Dung

Write it down where and how long do you want to stop and make clear to them.

Many of the drivers in Vn don't speak english, Sometime you will paid more if they do and äct "like a guide".

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
607 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Contacting Mrs Dung

AustraliaNomad have you let Mrs Dung know of your experience? I think she would want to know if you have had a bad experience and not use the driver.

Australia
Level Contributor
1,550 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Contacting Mrs Dung

I probably should have Fred but she bailed us out of a really bad Hotel and helped us get a refund and I didn't want to offend her by seeming like I was complaining. Ordinarily I would have said something.

Leigh-on Sea...
Level Contributor
3,977 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Contacting Mrs Dung

we had a private car with driver and the guide Mr Hien (check out reviews on this forum) He speaks excellant English and is a mine of information. After our day trip of Dalat, we ended up hiring him for a further 3 days/2 nights tour of the Central Highlands

mr. Hien took us to see his friends little hotel in a French Villa but we had already booked a hotel elsewhere.

dalat
Level Contributor
85 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Contacting Mrs Dung

All travel agency can organize a private car for you, it costs not much. Around 45 to 50 usd per day, for driving around the city.

9. Re: Contacting Mrs Dung

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2013, 17:16