We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

August Halong Bay Cruise

Oxley, Australia
Level Contributor
31 posts
84 reviews
Save Topic
August Halong Bay Cruise

We are planning to explore Vietnam early August 2019.Any replies are greatly appreciated...please help with the following questions...

1.Will cruises (2 day/1 night) still be running? Heard monsoon weather causes cancelations.

2. When is the best time to book - online in advance (how far in advance) or once we have arrived 2 days prior?

3. Family of 3 adults. .so many cruises to choose from but which one?

4. Would like cruise to only have about 15 cabins. Not over crowded.

5. Can you do a day cruise with all the benefits. .kyak, caves.

Any recommendations or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time to respond.

Mentioned in this post
2 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: August Halong Bay Cruise

Hi Jack,

Here is my advice, I hope mine can help:

1. 2D1N is still available. During September, Halong Bay is still sometimes prone to typhoons. It’s important to check the forecast a week before you go.

2. Booking online is preferable than booking on arrival. There are lots of scams and bustling once you've arrived. I suggest you book via halonghub. I was satisfied with my trip last month, quick and safe the whole way.

3. It's up to your budget. But I highly recommend luxury cruise, the price is really worth it. Good service, food as well as big boat so you won't get seasick.

4. Check it online and call the cruise staff to make sure of it. Again, big boat is a better choice.

5. A day cruise doesn't include kayaking and other worthy activities like watching sunset sunrise, squid fishing,...I'm sure you will regret a lot if you go on a day cruise.

Mentioned in this post
Halong Bay
Halong Bay
9,210 Reviews
Halong Bay, Vietnam
Level Contributor
46 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: August Halong Bay Cruise

It is monsoon season so cruises can be cancelled in the last minutes, therefore, you should have alternative plan in advance!

Booking in advance is recommended because you can check all cruises and have their information in hand, lots of scam and price overcharge when you book at stores or hotels...

3 day/2 night or at least 2 day/1 night is recommended because Halong Bay is very beautiful and it takes time to see and enjoy your trip! If you take one day trip, there should be around 4 hours on the bay and some activities are not possible!

For 3 members, you can take one family room or 2 rooms next to each others, the price is not much different and don't forget to ask for the best option!

There are some cruises that are not big such as the Indochina-Junks, or the Signature cruise or others that I don't remembers :-) You can find them on the review pages of Tripadvisor ;-)

Mentioned in this post
Halong Bay
Halong Bay
9,210 Reviews
Halong Bay, Vietnam
Reply to: August Halong Bay Cruise
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
;