We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

galaxy cruise

Which Halong Bay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
32 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
galaxy cruise

hello there!

ive been reading your forums in here for about a month

trying to check if the galaxy cruise is ok or not

is there anyone who has an experience in this cruise ship?

the hotel suggest this one for us

thanks a lot!

Kuala Lumpur...
1 post
Save Reply
11. Re: galaxy cruise

May 26 2012 - Jeffrey Chaw Malaysia

I've been to Hanoi many times before and heard bout halong bay but never really had the chance to go. My hotel Rising dragon recommended that I should try the Galaxy Cruise. Took the 2d1n and it was worth every penny.

Pick up from hotel and everything was hassle free. The guide Nam was really helpful and most importantly entertaining. What amazed me was the boat itself. The pictures of the rooms you see in the booklet are as real as it is. Well maintained and clean.

Food was great, the upper deck was an awesome place to chill and the best part is you get a cooking class where you get hands on how to make spring rolls.

All in all, great place but made even better by the tour operator.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
34 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: galaxy cruise

My boyfriend and I have also just come back from a cruise on Halong Bay with Galaxy Cruises and would highly recommend them!

The boat is lovely, the rooms clean and quite luxurious. The bathrooms are ace with a modern shower and toilet.

The food is outstanding...and I mean, outstanding.

The tour guides are friendly and really knowledgable about Halong Bay and Vietnam. Our tour guide 'Hoan' (nickname Happy) was really lovely and made our trip.

Kayaking in the lagoons was awesome and the scenery of Halong Bay breathtaking.

13. Re: galaxy cruise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 June 2012, 18:10
Edited: 25 June 2012, 18:10
14. Re: galaxy cruise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 June 2012, 18:10
Level Contributor
7 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: galaxy cruise

My girlfriend and I did a one night 2 day tour with Galaxy Cruises in September. We were a bit worried about which tour to pick as you hear some horror stories about these Halong Bay tours. Our hotel, Rising Dragon III, recommended this so we went with it. It turned out to be the most enjoyable tour we've ever done. The tour guide (can't remember his name unfortunately) was very friendly, informative and went out of his way to make sure everyone had a good time. His English was excellent. The food was excellent. There's a good mix of food with seafood, Vietnamese and Western. The intinerary was great. You get lots in but you're not run off your feet either. The boat was excellent. It seemed very new. The cabin was clean. It was ensuite and the bathroom was modern and clean. There were 12 of us on the boat so a nice small group.

I would highly recommend this tour to anyone.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
90 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: galaxy cruise

did it last week great well worth it!!

Sandnes, Norway
2 posts
Save Reply
17. Re: galaxy cruise

Hi, been reading that you see alot of snakes in ha long bay.. True for the cruice as well? Hate snakes!!

Maleny Qld
Level Contributor
1 post
57 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: galaxy cruise

Just finished. There are probably better and I know there are worse, but we certainly enjoyed it and would recommend it. Stay the most number of days you can. Cabins are neat and clean, Food ranged from good to excellent. Staff were very obliging.

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
24 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: galaxy cruise

Has anyone taken the cruise as a single or a share with stranger single? Thanks.

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
485 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: galaxy cruise

Probably there are not many people wants to share the rooms with strangers if they want to go on three stars or more boats because of security. They will take private room and agree to pay single supplement. That is my recommendation.

Edited: 13 June 2013, 18:32