We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Halongsapa tours Hanoi.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
18 reviews
43 helpful votes
Halongsapa tours Hanoi.
Save

Just back from Vietnam & used Halongsapa tours. Used them to book halong bay 3D2N cruise & the train to Sapa. Mr & Mrs Cham were great . Went to their office/home to see them. When we went to Sapa on the train they took us & meet us even arranged a hotel when we arrived back in Hanoi at 5am. They also picked us up from the airport.

Osoyoos, Canada
Level Contributor
1,446 posts
62 reviews
57 helpful votes
1. Re: Halongsapa tours Hanoi.
Save

Wonderful people and totally focused on making sure you have a good time. We used them for several tours and were never disappointed. Nice to find honest people.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
61 posts
2. Re: Halongsapa tours Hanoi.
Save

Has anyone tried their Hoa Lu-Tam Coc tour? Is early July a nice time to visit? I wanna see the yellow rice paddies on both sides of the boat

Hanoi, Vietnam
12 posts
3. Re: Halongsapa tours Hanoi.
Save

it is easy to book the one day Hoa Lu - Tam Coc tour in the hotel or any travel agency in Hanoi,because the program is the same ,only diffirent at quality depend on your money you pay ( from us $ 25 to us $ 35/pp )

- Hoa Lu & Tam Coc is one of the most popular day tour starts from Hanoi. Its a combination of sightseeing excursion trip and historical visit. 125km from Hanoi, HoaLu & Tamcoc located in Ninh Binh province where you can see the most typical rural scenery in Vietnam. Tour start and conclude in Hanoi.

Pick up and depart for Hoa Lu in the morning. It takes a couple of hours to drive to the southeast of Hanoi while enjoying rural stunning scenery on the way. We may take some stop-overs for photo and refreshment.

Arrive in Hoa Lu which is the former capital of Viet nam(968 – 1009) under Dinh and Le dynasties. Visit Dinh, Le temples and surroundings.

Keep heading to Tam Coc (Three grottos) recognized as “ Ha long bay on land “. Enjoy watching the countryside scenery passing by.

After lunch we visit Tam Coc. Rowing boat trip would take 2 hours to visit all three caves and crossing beautiful rice paddy. This is an ideal place for natural lovers.

We head back to Hanoi via visiting a limestone sculpture handicraft village.

Arrive back to Hanoi by 6:00pm then transfer to your hotel.

Cheers

Llanbrynmair...
Level Contributor
14,956 posts
13 reviews
22 helpful votes
4. Re: Halongsapa tours Hanoi.
Save

trueviet, the rice will be green in July, not yellow.

Osoyoos, Canada
Level Contributor
1,446 posts
62 reviews
57 helpful votes
5. Re: Halongsapa tours Hanoi.
Save

We booked this tour through them. Nice small group of six. The scenery is beautiful but be warned, this tour is one constant tout. Always someone trying to sell you something or get tipped for something.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
14,424 posts
40 reviews
30 helpful votes
6. Re: Halongsapa tours Hanoi.
Save

According to this website, the harvest season in Ninh Binh is around June.

http://vietnamdiscoveries.com/vi/ninhbinh/place/thiennhien/ngo-dong-mua-vang-tren-song-12.html

In one of the paragraphs, it says that the fields along the waterway in the Tam Coc area starts to turn yellow by the end of May.

In another article that I read, they warn that travelers on the way from Ha Long to Ninh Binh often encounter heavy traffic around the Thai Binh area, as the rice farmers use the sides of the road to dry their hay.

Llanbrynmair...
Level Contributor
14,956 posts
13 reviews
22 helpful votes
7. Re: Halongsapa tours Hanoi.
Save

John, it varies from year to year. This year my farming friends in Ninh Binh cut their rice towards the end of May - sometimes it's earlier, sometimes later.

The second crop is harvested in September, but again the exact time varies.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
14,424 posts
40 reviews
30 helpful votes
8. Re: Halongsapa tours Hanoi.
Save

Gotcha, CB.

What I learned as a youngster, is that the Northern Delta has two harvest seasons. One is toward the end of May and one is toward November (as a secondary crop.) We call them "Vu Chiem" and "Vu Mua".

When the first harvest season comes late, it affects the second season.

So, in general, we should expect July to be after the planting season, when the fields in Ninh Binh are still young crop (we call it "ma non").

http://www.vaas.org.vn/images/caylua/03/01_thoivu.htm

I know you can't read Vietnamese, but you can follow the timeline; in general, for the Northern Delta (dong bang song Hong), the planting season is between the 10th and the end of June.

Basically, what we both said are true (except for the part about harvesting in September for Ninh Binh.) I was talking mostly about June, while you were responding regarding July.

It did skip my mind for a minute there though; that there's practically no rest between seasons for the rice farmers. Traditionally, the only time they manage a few days off is for the Tet Holidays.

It's really confusing with all the different planting seasons throughout the country.

For Ninh Binh, July is the time for young crop. So yes, the fields should be green.

Much regards,

John

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
40 posts
42 reviews
43 helpful votes
9. Re: Halongsapa tours Hanoi.
Save

I just came back from Hanoi a few days ago. I engaged Ms Cham of Halongsapa Tours to coin up the arrangements for me. The flow of the trip was seamless and wonderful.

I did a day tour to Hoa Lu-Tam Coc. The boat ride was awesome but you really need a lot of sunscreen.

Also, u big hat would be handy.

On the whole, I would not hesitate to drop Ms Cham an email if I plan to visit Hanoi again.

Amsterdam, The...
1 post
10. Re: Halongsapa tours Hanoi.
Save

We had the best service for Sapa & Halong Bay arranged by Mr. & Ms. Cham from Halongsapatours (http://www.halongsapatours.com). We searched a lot on tripadvisor in order to choose a good touroperator which would arrange our trip to Sapa & Halong Bay as there is so much to chose from! We saw many good reviews about Halongsapatours so we decided to check it out. We had to search very well to find the right place, because it is in a little side street (No.18, Lane 14 B, Ly Nam De Street, Hoan Kiem District, Hanoi). But we are very happy we found their office/house as Mr. & Ms Cham are so nice and helped us very well! We thoroughly put a plan together and they advised us very good things. We went on a 2 day tour to Sapa and stayed there at a homestay, which we recommend if you want to learn / see more about the people who live there. After the 2 days in Sapa we went back with the nighttrain to Hanoi and would go to Halon Bay the same day. As there was a couple of hours between these trips Mr & Ms Cham offered us a shower and a breakfast at their house. So nice! The 3 days in Halong Bay were just fantastic as we were on our honeymoon and Ms Cham arranged an upgrade for us on the Valentine Cruiseship. So nice of her to arrange this. Everything was very well arranged and everything went according to plan. So we highly recommend to book your tours to Sapa and/or Halong Bay through Halongsapa tours!

Best regards, Roemer & Dorine

© 2022 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Singapore. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.